848x480 to 800x600 Stretched Converter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 848x480 to 800x600 Stretched Converter

Wondering if someone might have already written a program I had in mind. It would rock to have a program that you could simply point at a 848x480 skin and have it automatically generate the 800x600 stretched. It wouldn't be hard, just haven't had the time. It would just need to go through all the images and resize them propertionally. Then go through the XML skin file and adjust all the X, Y, Widths, and Heights propertionally using the ratio from 848x480 to 800x600.

Let me know if someone has written something like this or wants to

david

Yes do it.....
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Try VisualDesigner.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
        Wondering if someone might have already written a program I had in mind. It would rock to have a program that you could simply point at a 848x480 skin and have it automatically generate the 800x600 stretched. It wouldn't be hard, just haven't had the time. It would just need to go through all the images and resize them propertionally. Then go through the XML skin file and adjust all the X, Y, Widths, and Heights propertionally using the ratio from 848x480 to 800x600.

david

Do you still need something like this written and if so will me writing it mean 1.3 comes quicker?
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Definitely a custom job
          If youre open to bringing other people onto the project Im sure one of us could put something together
          I unfortunately just know plain old C++ and havent used any of the .NET libraries
          2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

David:

What will the v1.3 resolution be for included skins?
            Will 800x480 (Xenarc's native resolution) be included? God I hope so!!!
            2002 Honda CR-V
            Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
            Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
            ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

I am hoping to have it come with

848x480
              800x480
              800x600 Stretched

I will probably loose the 848x480 eventually, if not before this release... I really kept it since for the longest time you couldn't get 800x480 with an M10000 with onboard video, but now you can...

david

Comment

848x480
                800x480
                800x600 Stretched

I will probably loose the 848x480 eventually, if not before this release... I really kept it since for the longest time you couldn't get 800x480 with an M10000 with onboard video, but now you can...

david
                Well...the M10K board can output 800x480 but only at a 60hz refresh rate which lilliput nor xenarc screens can lock on to. For now, I'm still stuck using 848x480. If I'm wrong, please correct me because I would love to be able to run 800x480 on my lilliput with the M10k.

Comment

Must be a recent development? I did not know the M10000 could run the native resolution! (Any threads/pointers please?)

848x480
                  800x480
                  800x600 Stretched

david
                  2002 Honda CR-V
                  Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                  Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                  ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Here is the thread that with the help of dragonbtv we finally end the "quest for 800x480"

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50351

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
                      Here is the thread that with the help of dragonbtv we finally end the "quest for 800x480"

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50351
                      I've read this thread but it seems that people (including me) are still having problems getting the screens to lock on native resolution with the M10K...unless I've missed something.

Comment

I will just keep all three then just to be save VIA is definetly working on the new bios and driver for the 800x480, so I am sure if it isn't working for everyone now, it will... They will put it up on their website once it's been tested... I have spoken with people that say the new bios/driver work great and they get 800x480... I have them, but haven't tried them yet...

david

Comment

I have developed a resizer for the skins and does 98% of the job. Currently only resize images and X & Y and WIDTH & HEIGHT values on skin.xml file.

Is there a skin.xml documentation to figure out what tags mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbai2
                            I've read this thread but it seems that people (including me) are still having problems getting the screens to lock on native resolution with the M10K...unless I've missed something.
                            You asked for the thread with the info about the 840x480.............
                            Nobody said that it will work for everybody or every screen

Let me tell you that it was really hard to get them so at least show a little gratitide.....(thank dragonbtv )

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

david
                              Why not just build it into your app and use percentages instead of actual values. Like frodoplayer, although frodo could use some better graphics rendering so you don't get the pixellation.
                              We are, will have and forever will be...
                              But not tommorrow!

Comment

Working...
                              X