Why does only some album art show?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does only some album art show?

First of all, a nice frontend! I have a question though. When the music manager screen is open, and i'm scrolling through my albums, i noticed that not all of my album art is showing up in the display to the right. Every one of my folders has the music tracks in it, and one .jpg cover pic. I looked for diffrences between the ones that are working, and the ones that don't, and I can't find a difference. Can anyone tell me why?
    WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
    Webpage

Filenames? Sizes?
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

they need to all be called folder.jpg

david

Comment

ahhh, I just had to rename 20Gb of Mp3's' cover art to "folder.jpg" cool, it works. Thanks!
        WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
        Webpage

Comment

thats a point can we scrap that and do a thing where it picks up any jpg and scrolls between multiple jpgs as i like to have front and back covers changing

Comment

why cant it just pull from tags like everything else?
            [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

nsmoller: I don't pull from tags for multiple reasons... One not many people have there art in the tags, I need the folder art to show up when browsing in directory (non tag) mode, and I need the images to show up when browsing video folders... The best universal way to display images in all situations is to do it just like the latest version of XP does, look for a folder.jpg and/or a jpg with the same name as the file...

note: I might also add support to look in the tags for an image, but this upcoming release will not...

david

Comment

im sure there is an MSDOS string youcan type and it does it for you

will look it out cos just finished snatching art!

Comment

for /r %a in (*.jpg) do ren "%a" folder.jpg

Comment

for /r %a in (*.jpg) do ren "%a" folder.jpg

I must confess that my dos skills are less than adequate and I do not understand the above command. I have my music files organized as follows:

f:\Rock\artist\album\song.mp3

I have put album art in each folder and have to rename them all to folder.jpg. Can anyone tell me what the exact dos command would be to rename all the *.jpg files on my f drive to folder.jpg regardless of the folder in which they're located?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Comment

I figgered it out.

Comment

HOW ???

I used a file renaming tool last time but even that took ages. I have over 200gb of music and I am NOT renaming them all by hand! CF4.9 / HU PC Quality Radio/ Dragons 300w PSU and Frodo t4 will all be out before Im finished.

So now its time to set the renaming prog running - Folder.jpg instead of front.jpg right?

Can we not just have an ini setting to program our own pic names in?!? Please...

John
                        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                          nsmoller: I don't pull from tags for multiple reasons... One not many people have there art in the tags, I need the folder art to show up when browsing in directory (non tag) mode, and I need the images to show up when browsing video folders... The best universal way to display images in all situations is to do it just like the latest version of XP does, look for a folder.jpg and/or a jpg with the same name as the file...

note: I might also add support to look in the tags for an image, but this upcoming release will not...

david
                          From the number of requests I have seen for tag art (including my own), I would not say "not many people have there art in the tags". I also don't know exactly what you mean by the way XP does it. WMP10 both reads and saves art images to my tags. Most CDDB/GraceNote tag "fixers" also save images to the file's tag. Having a folder.jpg just doesn't make sense to me because I don't have any album directories (as I only have 2 complete albums in my entire 20GB library).

This is my structure:
                          "c:\music\{?}-Dir\{Artist}\{Song}.mp3"
                          ...where the {?} is letter the artist begins with.

All my tags a correct and complete with proper genre, year, art, and everything else.

David: I know you have a working system for art and that pulling art from ID3 tags is probably a huge pain, but for those of us that have been using tag art for a long time (which works with EVERY media player program I have ever used including tons of HTPC software [Meedio, SnapStream, etc]), switching to your folder.jpg style DOES NOT seem like the "best universal way". I am happy to wait for tag art support, but please don't consider it a very low priority, especially after you spend so much time integrating album art with your interface. TIA.

Comment

I used a downloaded program also, but I needed to use a command string to make it work properly. Once I figured it out, it took merely seconds to rename all my jpgs.

The program is named A.F.5 Rename Your Files 1.1. It's a free program available from download.com. It allows command line inputs, which is explained somewhat in the help file.

Once I installed the program, I went into the dos command prompt from WinXP and created the batch file shown below. This batch file tells the program to load all .jpg files on my music drive, making sure to recurse directories (/r switch). Once all the jpg files are loaded, all you need to do is choose "String" in the first Type box, insert "folder" in the first Value box (see attached) and click the rename button and it will rename all the files to folder.jpg.

I copied the batch file I created to my desktop so I can just click on it whenever I need to do a batch rename.

I hope this helps.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have to side with RPM on this one... using embedded image art is the way to go. And this comes from someone who only has a few MP3s with embeeded tag art covers.

I just think this is the best way to ensure that even standalone music files have a nice image to go along with it. I do have mostly full albums, because my collection is almost entirely ripped from my own CD collection. I do have some standalone files that when I play, show the fugly icon. We need to fix that LOL!

Speaking of which, I hope 1.31 fixes the bugs with OGG files and COver art... they don't work in 1.3. And half of my collection is OGG!
                              2002 Honda CR-V
                              Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                              Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                              ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Working...
                              X