Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need Destinator SDK to integrate with CF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Destinator SDK to integrate with CF?

I have the regular version, do I need the SDK to use with CentraFuse? I'm a bit confused.

Originally posted by xLusi0n
    I have the regular version, do I need the SDK to use with CentraFuse? I'm a bit confused.
    Yes. Email [email protected] and tell him what you are trying to do, he is the contact I used to get the SDK and most importantly the correct DestDLL.DLL (which is the core of Destinator).
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Confused also.

My understanding is that I need to buy the Destinator SDK bronze support package at $50. - from Powerloc??

I then email them and they send me the DLL. This gets installed and then Centrafuse integrates it.

Does the DLL need to be 'registered' with XP? If so how?

I already have the PPC version of Destinator 3 and just need to install the maps.

Please can someone fill in the gaps in this with the necessary details to get me going.

My understanding is that I don't need Freedrive or Mapmonkey. Is that correct?

When I get this going I'll gladly write up a 'sticky'.

WHat recommendations do you have for a GPS receiver? I'd prefer serial or USB to BT.

Thanks for all help.

Comment

You will need to register the dll with regsvr32.exe The command is

regsvr32 "path to dll" (without the quotes)

At present, you need Map monkey or Freedrive to integrate into Centrafuse, but I believe David is going to integrate it fully later on.

I am currently using the BU-303. Haven't had any probs yet but some others have. Its USB
        "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by mindracing
          Confused also.

My understanding is that I need to buy the Destinator SDK bronze support package at $50. - from Powerloc??

I then email them and they send me the DLL. This gets installed and then Centrafuse integrates it.

Does the DLL need to be 'registered' with XP? If so how?

I already have the PPC version of Destinator 3 and just need to install the maps.

Please can someone fill in the gaps in this with the necessary details to get me going.

My understanding is that I don't need Freedrive or Mapmonkey. Is that correct?

When I get this going I'll gladly write up a 'sticky'.

WHat recommendations do you have for a GPS receiver? I'd prefer serial or USB to BT.

Thanks for all help.

I believe david will be able to sell the final Centrafuse with D3, so a sticky is probably not required and it will all work.

You need to make it clear to Destinator what you WANT before you pay anything, at least to make sure you have some recourse.

They should give you access to the SDK, which is a downloadable ZIP with the filename: 3.0.75_97_COM_API, and also a DestDLL 08-05.zip file

In the 3.0.75_97_COM_API.zip, extract the DestinatorApps folder to the root of C:\ and delete the 'Florence' map inside the 'Destinator' sub folder.

They should also send you a DestDLL 08-05.zip. You extract the DestDLL.DLL to (for example) C:\DestinatorApps then run 'regsvr32 c:\destinatorapps\destdll.dll'

CF D3 integration should now work.

Comment

I was able to get D3 working with the install order of
            1 mapmonkey
            2 centrafuse

yes even if you have it installed.. the map monkey installer overwrites the destdll.dll file .. the one included with CF works .. maybe this is info that should be kept under wraps.. but try it .. I'm waiting till the PC version comes.. or david sells it with CF..
            Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Thanks for your help Stevieg.

One last q - where do I put the maps?

BTW it was stumbling across your website whilst looking for something unrelated that inspired me to get into this CarPC thing in the first place. And thank you!

Comment

mapmonkey's website has the helps for that ..
                /destinatorapps/destinator/ I Beleive.. there should be folders called "london" and "florence" ... then add your own..
                Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Originally posted by mindracing
                  Thanks for your help Stevieg.

One last q - where do I put the maps?

BTW it was stumbling across your website whilst looking for something unrelated that inspired me to get into this CarPC thing in the first place. And thank you!

In the C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator folder

EDIT: Thanks!!! Glad i could inspire someone!

Comment

It's worth reading this, by the way:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50170

Comment

Working...
                    X