How To Get Integrated GPS on your Centrafuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Get Integrated GPS on your Centrafuse

Please help me out here. I already bought a Holux GM-210 ($51 shipped off ebay) and now i'm wondering what software to buy.

i heard that centrafuse can integrate destinator onto itself, right? where can i buy this software? what version of destinator should i get? does it come with maps? how do i install for it to be integrated onto centrafuse? anyone using it right now? how is it compared to other front-ends with integrated gps?

thanks in advance for your help.
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

well, out of 200+ people viewed this thread, I guess I should respond...

There are MULTIPLE GPS applications out there.
    Two good places to start are the sub-forums here
    1.GPS Forum
    2. Map Monkey Forum ( previously Destinator 3.1 )

Any GPS application will involve some liscencing issues and a whole sorts of functional differences.
    Some people ( like myself ) choose to us many different apps.

research those 2 boards. there is a ton of info there. please do that before wanting someone to answer the questions of the universe for you

Don

Comment

Try the FAQ Emporium, on these boards. StevieG did a nice writeup on Destinator 3. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51489
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

My advice: Forget destinator and just use iGuidance with iGSkinner. It integrates fine even though it is not truly built-in to CF like D3, but D3 is not half as good and is a pain to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
          My advice: Forget destinator and just use iGuidance with iGSkinner. It integrates fine even though it is not truly built-in to CF like D3, but D3 is not half as good and is a pain to setup.
          Yeh, and D3 gives bad directions for the states
          I'm writing iGSkinner to make iG more competative in the carpc market
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
          X