Which resolution to use on a 7" lilliput screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which resolution to use on a 7" lilliput screen

Hi, I don't have my lilliput 7" screen yet, so I cannot test which resolution i have to use of the skin.

I'm configuring my car-pc software first to have a complete package that looks, works and behaves as I want to. Which skin 848x480 or Stretched 800x600 will work perfectly on the lilliput 7"?
    Status: [□□□□□□□□□] 10% (Collecting software amd configuring it)
    Personal website: http://www.myfiesta.nl
    Dutch Ford Fiesta Club: http://www.fiestaclub.nl

800x600. it's way better
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

Comment

800x600 doesn't work on mine.
      848x480 looks and works great

Comment

look guys get it straight

800x480 is the native resolution for the lilliput. and will look the best becasue 1:1 pixel mapping

800x600 is stretched horizontaly.
        848x480 is stretched vertically (which looks much worse than above)
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

True, but 800x600 still looks fine to me and it is much easier to use windows with when you need to.

Plus many video drivers do not support 800x480.

Comment

Ok, so both resolutions aren't correct, but are working.
            Seems that there is a discussion possible about which one is the best. Is it just a matter of personal taste which one you prefer?
            Status: [□□□□□□□□□] 10% (Collecting software amd configuring it)
            Personal website: http://www.myfiesta.nl
            Dutch Ford Fiesta Club: http://www.fiestaclub.nl

Comment

Originally posted by edwin
              Ok, so both resolutions aren't correct, but are working.
              Seems that there is a discussion possible about which one is the best. Is it just a matter of personal taste which one you prefer?
              I run 800x600 just for the record but the holy grail is 800x480 which there are several obsticals to get there. Once you have a stretched skin it all looks the same and you wont notice a difference unless you eyes were inches aways from the screen.

Sorry for the harsh initial response but i am just so tired of seeing people post about 848x480 when it looks like crap. Vertical scaling is much worse than horizontal scaling
              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Does 848x480 look better for movies or something (widescreen)? 800x600 has to be better for text I would think (and makes windows a ton more functional).

When I had my Lilliput on my desk, I tried 800x480, but I didn't think it looked any better than 800x600 and it made Windows XP very hard to use. Even if my CarPC did support 800x480, I think I would be sticking with 800x600. (I have never seen 848x480, but it just doesn't sound good for multiple reasons, except possibly for wide-screen movie playback... yes/no?)

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                  look guys get it straight

800x480 is the native resolution for the lilliput. and will look the best becasue 1:1 pixel mapping

800x600 is stretched horizontaly.
                  848x480 is stretched vertically (which looks much worse than above)

Well I get annoyed with people saying 848x480 looks rubbish
                  There may be some horizontal stretching, but nowhere near enough to affect visibility.

I'm sure I tried 800x480, but the lilliput wouldn't accept it (which is odd if that is the natural res), as well as 800x600 which was nasty.

From my experience:
                  848x480 is perfectly readable and legible
                  848x480 works great for GPS, widescreen movies, internet etc.
                  848x480 will give you a slightly incorrect aspect ratio (circles will appear slightly oval (- thinner in the horizontal direction)), but nowhere near enough to seem irritating.
                  Therefore - I use 848x480 everyday

Comment

i recommant 800x600 and 800x480

Comment

dragonBTV: anyone ever get the 800x480 problems worked out using LCD's such as lilliput/xenarc or will it only display on a CRT still?

david

Comment

? What problems David? My Lilli did 800x480 no problem with a GForce MX440 card. It's just that most motherboards on-board video cards don't support that custom res. I prefer 800x600 though. If your tesktop height is only 480, winXP is very hard to use.

Comment

I was refering to the new bios/driver dragonBTV has for the M10000 which adds 800x480 to the onboard video...

david

Comment

Hi David,

I get 800*480 from my SP13000. Updated the bios and now I can get widescreen res by using Powerstrip.

/ Micke

Comment

Working...
                            X