Phone button on bottom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone button on bottom

Hey, is there a way to use that phone icon between the dimmer and the viz to initiate a dial-up connection? I have wi-fi, but I also want to be able to use my 3G Verizon Phone on occaision, and it's kinda annoying to close CF, initiate the connection, and go back in.. It'd be nice if it could start an autodial or something...

In 1.3 we'll have an Apps section so you can shortcut the dialup connection as an app
    2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

In CF 1.2, it will dial #777 (internet) on my SprintPCS phone when I double click the "dissconnected" bar in the upper right. It will also auto-dial when I open a web-page through CF. I don't know if it is different for you because of your Wi-Fi default connection though.

Comment

wifi is already automatic when it finds something to connect to... Just set your 3G Verizon connection as the default internet connection under Tools/Internet Options in IE... Then the connected/disconnect button in the top right will dial and hangup your default internet connection...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
          wifi is already automatic when it finds something to connect to... Just set your 3G Verizon connection as the default internet connection under Tools/Internet Options in IE... Then the connected/disconnect button in the top right will dial and hangup your default internet connection...

david
          Alright...somehow I missed that.. but cool! I'll give it a shot and see how the WiFi/3g work and/or don't work together.. Mostly because I won't always have the phone hooked up. Hm..

Thanks for the info! CF is great, and I keep finding new things every time I start it up!

Comment

it doesn't matter that your phone isn't hooked up all the time... when you set it as the default internet connection don't set it to always dial, but set it to dial only when an internet connection is not available... So if your wifi has a signal then there will be an internet connection and it will not attempt to dial the default internet connection... Works fine.. I have both wifi and my bluetooh GSM phone, which isn't always in the car.. It works fine...

david

Comment

Working...
            X