Just Added Cross Fading!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Added Cross Fading!

Just got finished adding and testing my new cross-fade option... I personally never used cross-fading so I had a couple of questions...

Is it suppose to cross fade only when songs end and change on their own or also when you click the next and previous buttons?

What is a good standard cross-fade time, how long to fade in/out, or should this be configurable?

david

Originally posted by veetid
    Just got finished adding and testing my new cross-fade option... I personally never used cross-fading so I had a couple of questions...

Is it suppose to cross fade only when songs end and change on their own or also when you click the next and previous buttons?

What is a good standard cross-fade time, how long to fade in/out, or should this be configurable?

david
    David,

Thats awesome, I guess the cross-fading should be user configurable. Cross-fade should only occur when the songs change on there own. A good standard cross fade time is 5 seconds b4 the song finishes and then 5 seconds after.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Configurable, pretty please.

Comment

awesome, always loved using that feature in winamp! something about trying to figure out what beat is coming through before the song actually starts makes it fun lol.
        -GiZak-
        Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
        Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

You totally rock David! Adding features like crazy.

If you have 5 min. I suggest you install the latest WinAmp v5 and pretty much copy how they do it, because that is what most people are use to and like. They only have about a 1 second cross-fade. I think they use like a .5 second on Next/Prev track. Also when a song begins or ends (with out another song playing previously or next) they just do a .5 second fade-in/fade-out.

While you are adding so many features... how about a "startup sound"? Actually a list of random start-up sounds.

Comment

Wow, this software is getting better and better by the minute. Makes it well worth while for the wait!
            Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
            GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

david
              Holy smokes that's awesome !

Only when they change on their own should sufice. Also, would be even better if the timing is configurable just like windows media player 10.
              My Car PC

Comment

alright.. I made the fade length configurable... When it goes from song to song in the playlist on it's own it fades the specified length... When you click next, previous, double click, etc... the playlist it still fades, but using half the specified length...

So to setup like winamp you would set the fade length to 1 which would cause it to fade 1 second from song to song, but when next and previous are clicked it will fade .5

david

Comment

alright.. I made the fade length configurable... When it goes from song to song in the playlist on it's own it fades the specified length... When you click next, previous, double click, etc... the playlist it still fades, but using half the specified length...

So to setup like winamp you would set the fade length to 1 which would cause it to fade 1 second from song to song, but when next and previous are clicked it will fade .5

david

Awesome !
                  My Car PC

Comment

FYI: I was just guessing on those values, but it might be 1 and .5 hehe.

Comment

RPM_VR4: I know... I was just saying that for an example that related to the previous message... I will have the default at 2 and 1... It seems pretty close to me...

david

Comment

What will happen to mixtapes that are splitted to many tracks? These should be played gapless and without fading (as Winamp does it) . I think they look whether there is a minimum silence at the end or not...

Comment

david
                          David,

it would be fantastic if you could enable a 0 sec crosfade time -- so the next song starts RIGHT when the last one stopped. I have so many albums that are meant to be mixed seamlessly and it sucks when there is a pause between tracks.

Thanks!

Mark
                          --
                          1997 Acura 1.6 EL
                          Ampie Case, Epia SP13000, 1G ram, 80g 2.5" HDD, Tripnav GPS, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M1-ATX

Comment

cross fading is just a feature... If you don't want to use it you can disable it in setup...

david

Comment

I think hes saying will gapless playback work? It'd be cool, i have a couple albums that work like that, but if not, crossfade will work, thanks, keep up the good work.
                              Mazdaspeed Car Computer
                              gotta redo it all

Comment

Working...
                              X