Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF and GPS

Hi,

what's the future gps application now for embedded use with centrafuse? yes, i know nearly every application can be embedded in centrafuse, but which app will be supported best by centrafuse, now and in future?. my question is, because i've read somewhere that centrafuse will not go on with destinator. bye

The answer lies within this thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53766
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Map Monkey will probably be your 'painless' choice if you want to maintain the same look feel as the 1.2 GPS
      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Yeah, but I bet there will still be a D3 "plugin" for CF 1.4, but I have heard good things about Map Monkey so it will probably be better anyway (Now that David is not going to do much extra work on the D3 plugin). I have only used D3 through CF 1.2, which was not nearly as good as iGuidance.

I currently use iGuidance. You can give it an integrated "OEM" look and add your own buttons to it by using SKINbedder (which is released in beta, but still being developed by Ol33l and I). Check out the SKINbedder and iGSkinner threads in the "Software & Software Dev" root for screen-shots.

DeLorme 2005 has the best maps & on-map graphics IMO, plus it shows 3 simotaneous maps at various zoom levels with "bread-crumb trail" and logging. I took a look at "SKINbedding" it, but I still have a lot of programming to do before I will have the ability to basically just embed the 3 map screens in whatever arangment I want and then create my own buttons & OSK to control EVERYTHING.

Does anyone know if MS Streets & Trips 2005 has Sat. Imagry? If it does I may have to try my hand at SKINbedding that.

Comment

So far, my experience with MSS&T in CF is that the interface is way too clunky to be practical. Every time GPS starts, you have to reconfigure the view (such as showing the GPS task pane so you can tick "track position" and other options). These settings don't stick when the PC is powered down and MSS&T is reopened. Bleh.

I'm very much looking forward to the new possibilities with the new CF.
          Ride: 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD/Sheer Silver/Black Leather/factory HIDs.
          MoPuter: Transflectivized Lilli 7", EPIA M-10000, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb WD, SBLive!, 54g WLAN, Holux GM-213, 160W M2-ATX PSU

Comment

...but other than the interface, is MSS&T good? Does it have sat view? SKINbedder is a wrapper that would allow me to greatly enhance the interface, so I'm mostly interested in the best functionality... I'll make the interface myself .

Comment

The maps seem to be very good, but I don't see anywhere that you can show satellite view. By that do you mean the ability to overlay satellite imagery on the maps?
              Ride: 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD/Sheer Silver/Black Leather/factory HIDs.
              MoPuter: Transflectivized Lilli 7", EPIA M-10000, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb WD, SBLive!, 54g WLAN, Holux GM-213, 160W M2-ATX PSU

Comment

Well, it's more like overlaying map data over satellite imagery, but yes. Just like Google Earth, or Google Maps Sat. view. I saw an add for MSS&T 2005 that had a sat picture (...or at least I thought I did).

Comment

With the New CF 1.3 do we still use %trade in place of the trademark symbol or has that changed? thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X