HOWTO - application side 'Enter'-key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOWTO - application side 'Enter'-key

Ever tried to embed for example 'notepad' or an other program where you need to enter text (email etc...) then you will notice you can not go to the next line.
    The problem is that then current 'enter' key is in fact the 'send keystroke to embedded program key' and he does not send an CRLF (enter) command behind it like you do on a normal keyboard.

To add this 'true enter key' just edit the keyboard file, pick a key that you do not use and replace the key value by &#10 ;&#13 ; (without the spaces!)
    It does not have a sign when you open the keyboard but when you type a line of text and then hit this 'empty' button and THEN hit the CF 'Enter' key then you will see that you proceed to a new line.

This is a must have key for people who want to embed command boxes and run commands on it.

I hope David will add such key in the future on his keyboard, it is needed for a lot of text enter applications!
    EPIA M10K, 512MB RAM, 60GB
    [##########] 100% (since 1 March 2005)

snowboarding.be - bokky.com

great tip, i might add a NEW button to my skin for this. just gotta figure out where to locate it
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

Comment

I did a fast try to add a button but that did not work...
      EPIA M10K, 512MB RAM, 60GB
      [##########] 100% (since 1 March 2005)

snowboarding.be - bokky.com

Comment

Working...
      X