Any news on 1.5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on 1.5?

What's the current status David? Give us some feature teasers on what you have done and what you are still working on.

if you look in the plugins sub forum I posted a screenshot of the weather plugin... I have posted a couple of links to the SDK online docs:

http://www.centrafuse.com/api

I will post a screenshot of the web browser probably tonight... Then going to work on the phonecontrol plugin...

I will need about a week or so fixing all the reported bugs (semi updated list of known bugs is in the bugs thread), and feature enhancments...

Then 1.5 will be released, along with the SDK at the same time... The SDK will include multiple examples... 1.5 will have plugin support as well as I should have completed the weather, web, and phonecontrol plugins. It will also contain bug fixes and lots of the requested feature enhancements...

david

Comment

Sounds good. Are you going to release the source for the weather, web, and/or phoneco plugins? Examples are cool, but starting out by just modifying a completed working plugin may make things even easier for us.

Comment

I will be including the web browser plugin and weather plugin source code with the SDK... those will be the examples... not the phonecontrol... That will actually be given to Zorro to be included in PhoneControl .NET...

david

Comment

is XM planned especially now with the xm service release?
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

yes... XM has always been planned... after 1.5 is released my main focus is on integrated GPS... then the focus will shift to XM... won't be too long...

david

Comment

Does that mean PhoCho users will have to buy phoCo.net if not already registered??

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNick2
                Does that mean PhoCho users will have to buy phoCo.net if not already registered??
                the plugin is just going to be included with phonecontrol because it will not work without it... you need both to make it work... there will probably also be a seperate download...

david

Comment

Hello VeetId,

You are going to do the phonecontrol, kewl.. Been waiting for that.
                  When you are going to, Phonecontrol now supports audio and control on a lot of phones. But in order to do that you must click on the audio headset icon that shows up when you have a headset connection in Phoco.
                  Could you implement this in CentraFuse to. It will be a great loss if i can't have control and audio in phoco.

CentaFuse is really going to rock, webbrowser and weather are just the addons that make you

But as you are supporting webbrowser and i guess auto update on the weather it is an idea to also insert a wireless network scanner addon.
                  So i can automatic connect to the networks

Greetz Marco

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                    the plugin is just going to be included with phonecontrol because it will not work without it... you need both to make it work... there will probably also be a seperate download...

david
                    I still think it would be a good idea to write your own BT phone software that uses the handsfree profile instead of the serial profile like PhoCo does. The newer BT phones absolutely WILL NOT work for PhoCo because they are all point-to-point devices and not multipoint devices. The only way around this is to use the handsfree profile to communicate with the phone.

The new headset audio control in the latest version of PhoCo is not a solution. It is merely a work around or a hack to ghetto up a semi working scenario. It doesn't work with all BT phones. Zoran did a great job with the program for phones that will be cabled to the CarPC but it isn't such an elegant solution with BT phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbai2
                      I still think it would be a good idea to write your own BT phone software that uses the handsfree profile instead of the serial profile like PhoCo does. The newer BT phones absolutely WILL NOT work for PhoCo because they are all point-to-point devices and not multipoint devices. The only way around this is to use the handsfree profile to communicate with the phone.

The new headset audio control in the latest version of PhoCo is not a solution. It is merely a work around or a hack to ghetto up a semi working scenario. It doesn't work with all BT phones. Zoran did a great job with the program for phones that will be cabled to the CarPC but it isn't such an elegant solution with BT phones.

Hello Mbai2,

Your wrong about no solution, A workaround is a solution when it works.
                      Look at Windows, we even use it as a carpc base
                      It works great with my V3. Your right, it's better to use handsfree profile but i guess/hope he will/is going to work on that.

I don't know about a better software sollution to do the job. And i think we need to be glad Zorhan is doing it. I guess nobody else will right now

Greetz Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Mbai2

that's all great and everything but I don't currently have time to write a phone application from scratch, considering how big of project that would be... it's a project and software within itself... I might in the future, but I have many way more important things to work on right now...

zorro understands a lot about the way these phones work and he is still working and improving phonecontrol... doing what you suggested is not easy, at all... most likely will require the purchase of the very expensive widcomm SDK, which is very complex... not sure you understand what you are asking for...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                          that's all great and everything but I don't currently have time to write a phone application from scratch, considering how big of project that would be... it's a project and software within itself... I might in the future, but I have many way more important things to work on right now...

zorro understands a lot about the way these phones work and he is still working and improving phonecontrol... doing what you suggested is not easy, at all... most likely will require the purchase of the very expensive widcomm SDK, which is very complex... not sure you understand what you are asking for...

david
                          I knew it would be a big task which is why in a similar post in another thread, I stated it could be a possibility in the future (not near future). I am aware that as SDK is needed to work with the BT profiles which is why I said "if you were up to it" in that same thread. The SDK blows a huge whole in the bank account (a few thousand if I remember correctly) which is also a discouragement. Oh well, it was an idea that was worth throwing out there. I guess I'll just have to stick to the non-computer interfaced handsfree setup

Regardless, CF is a great program and I look forward to future versions.

Comment

Man, I just want something that will work with my Samsung A700 Sprint PCS phone . Sprint PCS is the only service I know of that allows you to use your phone for internet access without charging minutes or bandwidth used.

I pay $60 a month (after referal rebates purchased on E-Bay for <$2 a phone) for 3 phones sharing 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited Cell-2-Cell, unlimited Nights & Weekends after 7pm, and unlimited Internet access on my phone as well as my CarPC (slightly faster than a 56k modem). Plus that includes Picture & Video upload/storage and I get all my MS Exchange work e-mail text-messaged to my phone using their Business Connection software.

You just can't beat Sprint PCS for price and features (and it gets much better reception then my Verizon I had 7 years ago or my AT&T I had 3 years ago). Too bad none of their good phones have BT and nobody makes good software for the USB cables.

Comment

Working...
                            X