Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse Friendly Voice Software

Hi guys,

Trying to get a feel for what what voice recognition programs are playing well with centrafuse before I go downloading a **** ton of them.

I just found out that NaviVoice does not support Centrafuse. I heard Bugbyte talking about using A different program to control CF but I cant remember the name.

--Anyone have any voice software they are using now for CF thats reliable, survives hibernation and easy to setup??

Thanks for the posts in advance.

~Tangeray

well, centrafuse has built-in voice recognition, all you need to do is download and install microsoft's speech api.

it works great.
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

Comment

I will be adding more voice commands in 1.5 too... when I integrate GPS it also will support voice commands...

david

Comment

David, Which GPS software will you be integrating?
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant
        Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

I will be integrating Teletype first... with the SDK, GPS plugins for mappoint and destinator could also show up...

david

Comment

I am wondering with Teletype are we going to have to get the SDK to make it work. Or will CF be including that where we will only have to get the map files?
            Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
            Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Originally posted by Floatingpi
              I am wondering with Teletype are we going to have to get the SDK to make it work. Or will CF be including that where we will only have to get the map files?
              Teletype works on Windows XP out of the box. I woudln't think anything is needed other than Teletype and CF with plugin.

Comment

Once i download microsofts speech engine...is there a way to configure the speech recognition of CF? where can i find a list of commands for it. Does it utilize a keyword like navivoice did like Boris? Thanks...

~Tangeray

Comment

I was using Bruno Speech Recognition. Still do. It works great and is configurable.

I also used CF's built-in speech and it works good too, but only for CF. I needed to control other apps.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by tangeray
                    Once i download microsofts speech engine...is there a way to configure the speech recognition of CF? where can i find a list of commands for it. Does it utilize a keyword like navivoice did like Boris? Thanks...

~Tangeray
                    open speech.xml in the system folder... the default keyword is "computer"

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                      I will be integrating Teletype first... with the SDK, GPS plugins for mappoint and destinator could also show up...

david
                      Any plans for integrating Routis or a plugin?
                      My Car PC

Comment

Originally posted by asci01
                        Any plans for integrating Routis or a plugin?
                        possibly... using skinbedder and external.xml you already can integrate routis, iguidance, etc...

someone can maybe wrap all the skinbedder stuff up into a routis plugin to make things easier...

david

Comment

Working...
                        X