Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW IBus control for Centrafuse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BMW IBus control for Centrafuse?

    Have any BMW Centrafuse users been able to control Centrafuse using the IBus adapter/steering wheel controls yet? I have it working for Frodoplayer, but for some reason I'm stuck on getting it to work with CF. I'm thinking I have the wrong application window defined in the Ibuscom.ini file - I assumed it would be "centrafuse" since that's what is listed in the task bar and in the task manager.
    My install log
    My "selling entire system" thread

  • #2
    What adapter are you using to connect the ibus controller to the pc?
    Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
    Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
    zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
    zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ressler's interface - see my work log in my sig. It's just a serial cable.
      My install log
      My "selling entire system" thread

      Comment


      • #4
        Is your ibus on your steering wheel or in the center console like the newer models? How does yours differ from the newer 05 6 & 7 series controllers? I would like to use the newer 6 & 7 series controller on a pc. Any suggestions?

        Also are you using girder? That should work with your controller.
        Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
        Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
        zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
        zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

        Comment


        • #5
          Still looking for an answer to this - no BMW ibus users are using Centrafuse?
          My install log
          My "selling entire system" thread

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't see what iBus has to do with CF. If you have a PC iBus interface, you should be able to use Girder to make it control CF through its hot-keys. I am working on a Pioneer IP-Bus to PC interface that will have a Girder plugin.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a device that converts IBUS information into keystrokes - so when I press a button on the steering wheel, it sends a keystroke to specific applications. I'm asking how to do this for Centrafuse, since I haven't had any luck programming it with the hot keys that are listed in the Centrafuse settings. This all worked fine with Frodoplayer.
              My install log
              My "selling entire system" thread

              Comment


              • #8
                It should work fine. All of CF's hot-keys are Ctrl+Alt+HotKey (besides up/down and enter).

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have got remote control for the original head unit. It is very simple:
                  up
                  down
                  left
                  and right

                  There isn't any electronics in it.
                  Just 5 wired : 1 commun wire and 4 wires (one for each command).

                  I would ask you if you have got a simple systrem to use it via USB or RS232 to remote Centrafuse.
                  I know you are trying to do it for BMW IPBUS but what I ask is simple and perhaps someone could help me.

                  Have you got a little source code of plugin for next track-fast forward, previous track -fast rewind, volume and volume down.

                  Or if you know a link on a project like this

                  Thank you for your help.
                  Attached Files
                  New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                  Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

                  Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                  Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

                  First project in Peugeot 306

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You could interface it directly to the PCs Parallel Port, or you get get a micro-controller board that interfaces over serial or USB. Then you need to write a program that receives the hardware data and issues Key-Stroke-Macros.

                    A better idea would be just use Girder with a Parallel Port plugin, or write your own Girder-Plugin for a serial/USB input device. There is a ton of source code for Girder-Plugins including a generic-serial-port plugin.

                    FYI: I am currently using Girder with just an IR-Man and I found a device that converts my Steering-Wheel-Controls to IR. I also use my Pioneer hand-held remote control for controlling the PC as well as adjusting the volume of my head-unit (and the steering-wheel controls can adjust head-set volume too since they send IR).

                    ...some day I would like to finish my SiLabs C8051F064EK board project ($25 on DigiKey). I have made it talk to my Pioneer head-unit as a CD-Changer, my On-Star Mirror buttons, my steering wheel controls, and receive/transmit IR. I need to write the Girder plugin for it, but I never got around to it since I can still use everything but the On-Star mirror buttons via an IR-Man, the Pioneer remote, and the steering-wheel-controls-to-IR device.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                      You could interface it directly to the PCs Parallel Port, or you get get a micro-controller board that interfaces over serial or USB. Then you need to write a program that receives the hardware data and issues Key-Stroke-Macros.

                      A better idea would be just use Girder with a Parallel Port plugin, or write your own Girder-Plugin for a serial/USB input device. There is a ton of source code for Girder-Plugins including a generic-serial-port plugin.

                      FYI: I am currently using Girder with just an IR-Man and I found a device that converts my Steering-Wheel-Controls to IR. I also use my Pioneer hand-held remote control for controlling the PC as well as adjusting the volume of my head-unit (and the steering-wheel controls can adjust head-set volume too since they send IR).
                      These look as good ideas

                      Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                      ...some day I would like to finish my SiLabs C8051F064EK board project ($25 on DigiKey). I have made it talk to my Pioneer head-unit as a CD-Changer, my On-Star Mirror buttons, my steering wheel controls, and receive/transmit IR.
                      Do you mean CD Changer emulation?? If yaes, that would be great
                      _________________________________________
                      _Pioneer_| <--4--- |______|<---3----|
                      Head Unit|________|SiLabs|________|PCCAR
                      ________|---1--->|______|----2--->|
                      __________________________________________
                      1 & 2 : when press/long press buttons left,right,up,down from Pioneer HU, it commands CF for Previous/Next/FF/FR track & Up/down Folder
                      3 & 4 : PCCAR send via Silabs CD text informations like Artist, Album, Song
                      New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                      Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

                      Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                      Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

                      First project in Peugeot 306

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yep. You've drawn it out exactly. The SiLabs board is great for that be cause it connects to the PC and is full powered by USB.

                        That project is a bit down the road though. My IR solution works well enough that I'm not gonna mess with it until I have a lot of free time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                          Yep. You've drawn it out exactly. The SiLabs board is great for that be cause it connects to the PC and is full powered by USB.

                          That project is a bit down the road though. My IR solution works well enough that I'm not gonna mess with it until I have a lot of free time.
                          I told you that because we are many people waiting for a guy names JBORS wich manufacture some HU to PC adaptators. He has done for alpine and other but not for Pioneer
                          look here
                          M-Bus CD changer adapter for car pc integration

                          For Pioneer IPBUS, I have tried to do it with PICs but they are not fast enough...Obliged to use ATMEL chips but don't know them
                          New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                          Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

                          Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                          Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

                          First project in Peugeot 306

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I appreciate all the discussion, but none of this is relevant to the thread topic

                            Anyone with a BMW that uses the IBUS controller module to send steering wheel commands to Centrafuse, and if so, can they post what's in their Ibuscomm.ini file?
                            My install log
                            My "selling entire system" thread

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I still don't see what the trouble is. I assume your I-Bus to PC adapter thing can map iBus signals to key-strokes right? Just look in hotkeys.xml for all the CF key-strokes and you should be set. Maybe you could post a link to your device so I understand how it all works?

                              coucouillu: To decode Pioneer best, you need an LVDS chip that converts Bus+/Bus- to TX/RX. The bus is 40us a bit. 1=50%/50% 0=75%/25%.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X