Square Curser on Resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square Curser on Resume

Sometimes when I resume from hibernation each click on the TS is followed by a small colored square where the curser would normally be (eventhough I have the curser set to off). I can fix this problem every time by restarting CF. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Maybe I'm alone on this one??

David this seems to be an issue only with Centrafuse. Any ideas?

Comment

not sure what you really mean... maybe a screenshot would help...

david

Comment

i get that on my laptop sometimes. I figured it was due to lower end hardware. My laptop has a caleron 700Mhz and 192MB Ram, running xp. I think the hardware just isnt up to the job, When it happens to me, everything is very slow. I have not been able to pinpoint a particular application that might cause it though.
        System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

When it happends on mine it is not slow at all. Restarting CF makes it go away. I will try to provide a screenshot tomorrow to show what im talking about.

Scott

Comment

I have never seen this problem before
            2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I too experience this issue, intermitantly, and also only with CF. Restarting CF fixes it.
              If I get a chance (unlikely ATM) I'll screenshot it.

The symtpom is the same as old Win95 machines with a dodgy video driver or VRAM, where by the cursor becomes a colourful corruption, that moves with the mouse (or in our cases, touchscreen). It may verywell be driver issues, I'm using the Dell 440 Go (NVidia) drivers for my laptop, the newer drivers did not work with PStrip.

I'm now searching for NVidia generic drivers to test if PStrip (or if forceware will produce my 800 x 480 with custom timings) remains working and overcome some CF multiple monitor issues I had (aspect rations being skewed on additional displays - sorry for the OT).

As for the root cause, I have no idea... interesting it only occurs in CF though.

My setup is still being new and being trialled, so far I'm very impressed with CF...

Comment

Interesting, I will check Compaq's website for new drivers for my laptop. I got a little side tracked and never got the screenshot. Also, it hasn't been doing it lately, but every now and then it's there. I will be sure to post my results if I find anything conrete.

Scott

Comment

I found an updated driver and loaded it up. I have not seen the problem since.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X