Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CF 1.5 is the slowest cf ever (at least on my system)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF 1.5 is the slowest cf ever (at least on my system)

Hi,

i have installed cf 1.5 on my system - m10000 / 512 mb ram. I was using cf 1.2 (was the last one with integrated gps) and i hoped that 1.5 would be much faster - but it is the opposite side.

Here are two examples:

i installed gps and tried to enter the navigation adress. the keyboard popped up and i tried to enter "gelsenkirchen".

Nothing happens, except that all the buttons i pressed changed the color to green. Nothing more. It took 10 seconds for the first 2 letters "ge" to appear, so i gave up.

Then i played some mp3s and wanted to change the volume. i pressed the "vol -" button, but nothing happend. Then - as a test - i tapped the "vol +" button, but no reaction. Finally i pressed the "mute" button, suddenly all three buttons turned green and my whole system was locked up and needed a hardreset

Also .. i noticed that cf 1.5 takes longer to start than 1.2 .. when i doubleclick "centrafuse 1.5" it takes nearly 20 seconds until the frontend appears, for 20 seconds i only see the boot screen. (even photoshop starts much faster).

Any ideas what happend ? Right now i uninstalled 1.5 and have 1.2 working again, but .. 1.5 has so much more features, that iīd like to use it.

- Superbowl
    ---
    i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

I've only used 1.4 before this, but have noticed no slow down with this version. I'm using Celeron 1.8 mhz with 512 meg ram.

Comment

I noticed the same thing man. I was wondering mine was the only one turning green! I am only running a 600Mhz CPU, but I have a M10000 on the way. Hopefully it runs a little faster on it.
      Here's my setup, check it out.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...997#post934997

Comment

Hmm,

as i have the m10000 .. donīt expect to much. It runs really really slow on my machine ... so slow, you canīt use it.

- Superbowl
        ---

Comment

Look here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...68&postcount=1

Comment

Ah,

thats good news !

- Superbowl
            ---

Comment

The same problem on Via Epia SP 1.3, so we are waiting for patch
              System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
              USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
              Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
              Honda delSol project
              CarDomain

Comment

or you just buy yourself a real pc!!!

Comment

At first I had Celeron 2.6, but it was useless, because it used too much of power - I can't image what would P4 3.0 from my home computer do I also had to make custom case for my Via, the smallest possible, because of space limit
                  System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                  USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                  Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                  Honda delSol project
                  CarDomain

Comment

space limit is indeed a very good reason to use a epia.
                    I use a asus pundit [email protected]/512/80GB powered by opus 150Watt. Use standby to startup/shutdown.. I love it..
                    startup: 3 seconds (plus 5 seconds delay)
                    shutdown: I don't know, just take out my key

Comment

Well, my reason for using Via is the size. Most people won't even realize what I have or where anything is.
                      Here's my setup, check it out.
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...997#post934997

Comment

I have a 3.06 P4 in the car and its just fine, even on an OPUS. I haven't had any problems with my setup related to the amount of power it draws.
                        Xenarc 7" USB Touch LCD / 3.06 GHz P4 / 512MB DDR / 250GB 7200RPM 16MB HD /
                        DS-ATX 220W / Centrafuse / GPS / XM / 802.11g: 6db / RF Keyboard

Comment

Working...
                        X