Few notes about 1.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few notes about 1.5

There are some CPU usage issues causing problems and the app to run a lot slower... These will be fixed quickly... I released before testing on my M10000 and didn't notice them... This same problem is causing the buttons to stay highlighted in the OSK, mute/unmute, disconnect/connect, etc...

If you are using an external GPS program make sure to go into Tools/Plugins and remove the integrated GPS. This does not permanently delete it, but moves it to inactive plugins section, which can be added back later with the "+".... The GPS plugin is causing some problems with GPS devices not being found when using an external application...

I released this version very quickly without any internal testing because I was heading out of town... I will get a new version out very soon just to address all the bugs and speed issues before I begin working on any new functionality...

A note about the website... There was a bug with the activation for some people... I will have an activation email resent to all inactive accounts... the bug has since been fixed...

david

Thanks for all your hard work David. Good thing you will focus on bug fixes before moving forward. I'm loving 1.5
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Continued work is appreciated

Im holding off on this version for in my car but will stay tuned
      2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Yeah David.. First of all: Big respect for the good work! Centrafuse is just the best...

But, as many other users here I'm also using the M10000 board =/ Do you have a lil' timeline, when this fix will be released? I'm installing another CarPC this weekend.. would be nice if I already can use Centrafuse for that...

Thanx a lot!

Comment

Any timescale on the fix for us using the m10000 board?

Comment

only noticed it is a tad slow.

nothing major

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNick2
              only noticed it is a tad slow.

nothing major
              I have to agree ... it is just slightly slower ...... especially when you are looking into playlists ... and chose a file to play ......
              View the 260 Galloping Horses: [images]

Comment

David, do you have plans to release fix in next version (1.6) or before that. Maybe you already know when (a week, month)?

Regards!

Uros
                System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                Honda delSol project
                CarDomain

Comment

I think most of us are finding that 1.5 is not suitable for in-car use, so wondered what timing was looking like for te 'fix' release... Days, or Weeks?

Are you going to be calling that 1.6?
                  2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                    I think most of us are finding that 1.5 is not suitable for in-car use, so wondered what timing was looking like for te 'fix' release... Days, or Weeks?

Are you going to be calling that 1.6?
                    whats the biggest problem you are having with 1.5?

david

Comment

I was under the impression it was way too slow on our M10000s

edit: Ive stuck with 1.4
                      2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

yepp, me and i guess a lot of other guys think so too... =/
                        the M10000 is well distributed...

Comment

Yeah,

right now 1.5 is absolutely useless on my M10000, so i have 1.2 installed in my car - and canīt test all the other features of 1.5.

So .. this should be the first bug fixed .. and maybe then it can be called 1.51 .. and 1.6 after this with all the bugs fixed.

- Superbowl
                          ---
                          i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

Comment

Biggest problem I am having, is that in 1.5 it will enable integrated GPS every time through installer, even after removing the plugin -- and hence I cannot use iGuidance, or any other form of GPS.
                            2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                              Biggest problem I am having, is that in 1.5 it will enable integrated GPS every time through installer, even after removing the plugin -- and hence I cannot use iGuidance, or any other form of GPS.
                              Oh... poor David is going to be 2nd victim of european antitrust legistlation, right after microsoft

Comment

Working...
                              X