The New Centrafuse Look and Feel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Centrafuse Look and Feel

Here are some preliminary screenshots of the new look and feel for Centrafuse... The contrast is much better and the fonts are easier to read. We also made all the buttons larger and easier to use. The new menu button drops down five buttons, like the ones that where static before but in a nice easy to read drop down, in order to gain needed space...

It is a lot more neutral than before, in order to not clash with car interiors as much as the previous version...

It's not finished yet, but coming along nice... It probably will not make it into the next release, which I hope to release soon with all the bug fixes, but it will definitely be in the version after that...

david
    Attached Files

Wow, looks great.
    1998 BMW M3
    Mods: Staggered SSR Competition wheels : M Roadster Short Shifter : JTD Aluminum Underpanel : Koni Adjustable SAs : Eibach Pro-kit springs : European clear corners and side markers : Hardwired V1 automatic door and radar detector

Comment

Looks alot better than the current skin. One thing that I personally think looks a bit out of place is the outline around the menu buttons that attach all of them together.

Comment

me likes this alot
        View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

One thing I liked about the origional layout was the ability to hop to any display (gps, music, whatever) with just 1 click. In my mind thats what primarly sets CF apart from all the other frontends.

Im not sure what you want to make of that, I'm not really sure what I want to request to fix that...
          Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Originally posted by PURDooM
            One thing I liked about the origional layout was the ability to hop to any display (gps, music, whatever) with just 1 click. In my mind thats what primarly sets CF apart from all the other frontends.

Im not sure what you want to make of that, I'm not really sure what I want to request to fix that...
            That can easily be done via a skin.

But this looks very very nice Will be watching in the sidelines.

Comment

I got to say I'm with PURDooM. The screen shots above look a lot like RR and FP. This is no problem as long as the old skin continues to work with all version updates. We really need 5 or so base-skins (read: XML files /w basic graphics laid out) that othes can make skins for. If fear I will have to do the same with SKINbedder since the guys that do the graphics hate to do the XML/INI stuff as a general rule. The problem for me is, I can do the XML/INI stuff much more easily if I have graphics "screen-shots" first.

Comment

I agree on this... i also liked the originalone better. this looks to much like FP and RR...

But i wait untill it is finnished, and used it. for all i know it works very nice.
                ---------------------------------------------

www.superchargedmiata.net - all about roadster lifestyle

---------------------------------------------

Comment

Not true. You can go to anywere in RR with one click. Hell, there's a CF style skin for RR already that does just that.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    Not true. You can go to anywhere in RR with one click. Hell, there's a CF style skin for RR already that does just that.
                    You "can" but most skins don't support it (besides the one that works like CF). ...LOL, this is just total irony

Comment

Here's my biggest skin request: 10 (or at least 8) lines in the list views.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                        You "can" but most skins don't support it (besides the one that works like CF). ...LOL, this is just total irony
                        Its a clone.. what do you expect?
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Got to say I like the new skin! I like how the menu will drop down that will add a new twist. I had one request to CF though.

DAVID WHERE IS THE SLIDER!? I added one to this skin I think it looks alright

2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Hey

no more childish fonts and icons But as purdoom and the others allready said... where ist the great UI concept of CF gone. Hope to get my tests looking good and running soon, as I need a 1.5 skin with the grown-up 1.2 style

Comment

my designer/partner has actually never seen the rr or frodo skin... I just requested a skin with better contrast that was easier to read and nuetral and this is what he came up with on his own, which I think it much better than the previous design in multiple ways... the only things similiar to those skins is the fact that it's black and white, which just happens to create good contrast and readability...

it will be quite different once completed... lots of enhancements on all the other screens... besides, based on the forums, everyone seems to like the darker colors and high contrast of black on white, and so do distributors...

note: this style color has been requested everywhere from the forums to tons of emails and there are multiple posts complaining about the previous color scheme... too bright, neon, hard to read, buttons to small, etc... Once completed I really believe everyone will love it...

we plan to eventually offer the skin in multiple colors, once completed... the main thing is all the buttons are larger and easier to click, everything is easier to read, the layout is much improved, and it doesn't clash with car interiors like the previous skin...

note: I will post a screenshot of the menu drop down once we have it completed... I think everyone will like it... the real estate was needed and will be much appreciated in areas such as the GPS, external applications, the web browser, the media manager, and just about everywhere else...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X