Beta ran out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta ran out?

I got into my car tonight after school, and my beta expired, won't run.

I have a .lic file in the main directory folder and pointed it there, it had an error and wouldn't run.

Download and reinstall?

Get a reg code?

CF for the most part just works, which I like, I don't wanna have to switch with how comfortable I am with it.
    :: '97 2.5 TL :: CarPC 1.0: Complete :: CarPC 2.0: 95% ::

I have the exact same experience. I ran 1.4 during the day. Rebooted tonight and BAM! I searched this forums and found this solution. I copied the .lic file like it said but it didn't work for me, still "trial expired". I didn't mess with system time/date or anything.

Damn, 1.5 is unusable for me in the car, I hope we can get 1.4 working again!

As a minor bug, I had CF 1.4 set to "always on top" and it hid the "trial expired" dialog, making me thing the "initializing" screen was frozen.
    My worklog.
    Status: VM GTI sold, got out of the CarPC tinkering hobby, but I still think about getting back in.

Comment

DAMN! Me too! Please let there be an extended license. 1.5 is still too buggy
      My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Originally posted by DK888
        DAMN! Me too! Please let there be an extended license. 1.5 is still too buggy
        I'm guessing this wasn't intentional, David probably intended to have 2.0 or 1.5 or something stable out by now, getting rid of the need for 1.4
        My worklog.
        Status: VM GTI sold, got out of the CarPC tinkering hobby, but I still think about getting back in.

Comment

This happened to me too. 1.5 is not useable in my CTS by my standards so I chose to stick with 1.4. I just set the date back a month and CF 1.4 started fine. I changed the date to the correct setting and now everything is up and working. CF only checks the date on startup so as long as I don't have to restart CF, it should be fine (I have my CarPC hibernate w/o ignition).

Comment

not sure... the license I posted in these forums should unlock 1.4...

david

Comment

Originally posted by kbyrd
              As a minor bug, I had CF 1.4 set to "always on top" and it hid the "trial expired" dialog, making me thing the "initializing" screen was frozen.
              how do u make something always ontop?
              View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

I didn't realize that you posted a license that works, I'll have to search, or just change teh date, something. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by UnsanePyro
                  I didn't realize that you posted a license that works,.
                  I think it's the post I refered to originally. It's HERE.

I tried it again, no worky. I did this:
                  - Ran CF 1.4, saw beta expired message, quit 1.4
                  - downloaded cfbeta1.4.zip from that attachment.
                  - unzipped, copied cfbeta1.4.lic to my CF 1.4 directory.
                  - re-ran CF 1.4. Saw same beta expired message.

veetid, All I need to do is quit CF, copy that .lic file into my cf 1.4 dir (what about centrafuse.exe.licenses.5686B00F?) and run cf again? Do I need to reenter my serial number?

Help!
                  My worklog.

Comment

Tried already several things... only setting the date back works...,
                    luckily I have not rebooted my production carpc yet! I tried this procedure on my test system and that got it working again... currently I am looking to other solutions too...
                    EPIA M10K, 512MB RAM, 60GB
                    [##########] 100% (since 1 March 2005)

snowboarding.be - bokky.com

Comment

I am in the process of migrating to RR. But that is still a few weeks away, until I can get it all configured the way I want it in my Home PC.

I have not yet rebooted my Carputer, as I always hibernate -- but thanks for the heads up. Since 1.5 has that many problems, I have stuck with 1.4 too. If my Car PC needs to be rebooted, looks like I'm screwed! Yipee!!

Hope David can get this solved asap, because a 'quick update to fix 1.5 issues' has yet to be seen. You gotta love Beta testing!!!
                      2002 Honda CR-V
                      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Changing the date back didn't work at all, I'll have to try the license.

Comment

Hmm, just realized the license is for 1.4, I'm using the latest, 1.5, will it still work or am I **** out of luck?

Comment

Originally posted by UnsanePyro
                            Hmm, just realized the license is for 1.4, I'm using the latest, 1.5, will it still work or am I **** out of luck?
                            I have no problem with my 1.5 licence. The problem several of us are seeing is that our 1.4 licenses "expired" yesterday sometime. Still no fix....
                            My worklog.

Comment

Im having this same problem as well, no date change or anything this time. I already used the updated licence that was posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X