What Radio it the best for CF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Radio it the best for CF

What Radio is the best for CF. Also where do you get radiator? TY for the help!!
    CENTRAFUSE From Flux Media
    The Ultimate Infotainment Interface
    Download V1.20 from there site now!!!!
    Download the new 2.0 RC1 From here Linky

Well Centrafuse works with radio xtreme you don't even need radiator for it to work. Its plug and play so you also don't need to worry about drivers. Probably the easiest solution to go with. Here is the link you can get it from.

http://www.radio-xtreme.com/
    Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
    Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Is that website reliable? Meaning can I trust ordering it from there, or is there somebody in the US that sells them?
      Here's my setup, check it out.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...997#post934997

Comment

They are reliable, I ordered from there and I got it. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. It does go through customs so it does cost a little extra for shipping. I think it took me about a week or 2 to get it.
        Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
        Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Sweet, I will get one ordered pronto!

Comment

It looks neet but i dont need a remote and im looking for something to tie into my cars Ant. for a better signal any other good radios I can get.
            CENTRAFUSE From Flux Media
            The Ultimate Infotainment Interface
            Download V1.20 from there site now!!!!
            Download the new 2.0 RC1 From here Linky

Comment

I don't use the remote either not that it would do much good its stuck behind the dash where a ir signal wouldn't reach. You can tie into the cars antenna with that unit, the radio has plugins for ant. in, audio out, and usb. Like all usb radio solutions you have to tie into a line-in on your sound card.

Comment

Just FYI:

1) "You may connect the dipole antenna to the “Antenna-In”, spread the antenna to a T-like shape for best reception." -Doesn't sound like it would work with a normal car ANT.

2) You do have to connect the audio out to the sound cards line-in. Lame! This is not the case with the Griffin RadioShark USB.

Originally posted by Floatingpi
                Like all usb radio solutions you have to tie into a line-in on your sound card.
                This is not true!

Comment

I am sure that you can use an adapter to connect the antenna to the stock car antenna.

Comment

Sure you could attach the wires, but I believe the antenna technology is different and would therefore not give you the best reception. This device wants a "dipole" antenna (like those dual-row, plastic-covered, flexible wires that making a big "T"). I do not think a normal car antenna is a dipole antenna. A wire of any type may help reception, but for the best reception I would think you would need a tuner that had a connection meant for the type of antenna technology used in car antennas (one wire shielded by the other with a certain impedance between them). On the other hand, I don't know much about antennas, so I could be completely wrong... I tried to Google for some info but did not turn up much.

Comment

It works fine... The RadioXtreme has a mono mini jack plug for antenna in... All you do is get a car antenna extension cable and cut one end off... Then go to radio shack and crimp on a coax connector... Then use a coax to 1/8 mini phono adapter and plug right into the RadioXtreme... works like a charm...

The RadioXtreme plug is properly grounded, unlike the worthless dlink people try to use...

david

Comment

Hybernation & standby

David: how does it react to hybernetion & standby. If it was playing and you place the system into hybernation, will it resume playing wants the system comes out of hybernation.
                        Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
                        Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
                        zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
                        zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

Originally posted by inniss777
                          David: how does it react to hybernetion & standby. If it was playing and you place the system into hybernation, will it resume playing wants the system comes out of hybernation.
                          works fine... yes it keeps playing out of hibernation... I have never had a problem with that except when using radiator with certain hardware...

I plan to phase radiator out... just add direct support for most popular radio's and make sure they work or get reset when needed out of hibernation...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                            It works fine... The RadioXtreme has a mono mini jack plug for antenna in... All you do is get a car antenna extension cable and cut one end off... Then go to radio shack and crimp on a coax connector... Then use a coax to 1/8 mini phono adapter and plug right into the RadioXtreme... works like a charm...

The RadioXtreme plug is properly grounded, unlike the worthless dlink people try to use...
                            David, would this method work with the Radioshark? It has a mini jack plug, but I'm not sure if it would work.

Basically I got a car antenna extension cable, cut off an end, and soldered it directly to a miniplug connector, which did absolutely nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I know that getting Radioshark to play along is not ideal, but it's the only thing that will do AM.
                            '03 Intensa Blue Pearl Lexus IS300

Specs: Xenarc 700TS, Opus 150W PSU, CarCPU Case, 2.0 GHz Celeron D, DFI PS-35-BL, SB Audigy2 NX, Centrafuse 1.4

Progress: Car PC up and running!
                            To Do: Navigation, WiFi, AM/FM Radio, DVD

Comment

Originally posted by azzurro
                              David, would this method work with the Radioshark? It has a mini jack plug, but I'm not sure if it would work.

Basically I got a car antenna extension cable, cut off an end, and soldered it directly to a miniplug connector, which did absolutely nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I know that getting Radioshark to play along is not ideal, but it's the only thing that will do AM.
                              it should... might have messed up the ground when you soldered... since antenna extension cables are coax, you can easily attach a regular coax connector, the style for cable TV... you have to know how to properly put those on too... spread the wire around and down before you slide on and crimp for ground... make sure you know how to attach with a coax crimper...

then just get a coax to mono mini plug adapter...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X