Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What TV and FM card and where are the RELEASE NOTES?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV and FM card and where are the RELEASE NOTES?

Which is the best USB TV card and fm card combo to use with centrafuse?

I was hoping it was in the release notes.
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

It should work with most WinTV cars/usb devices... It has some problems with the USB PVR model...

The FM will only work with the 8x8 chipset based cards...

david

Comment

any model you recommend? You say basicly all will work well if u were going to get one what do you think you would get?
      2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

WinTV USB FM

This seems to be the best external option, although i am a bit hesitant about how my 1GHz P3 will handle the Software Encoding of the Tv Signal, on the plus side it doesnt require an external power source but it has recieved so so reviews, so say its excellient so say is rubbish, id sayy thats a lot to do with the arial through.
        P4 Celeron 2.2 - 512MB - OPUS 250 - Audigy SE - BU353 - HQCT - No Speakers though :-(

Comment

Support for CX2388x cards

Hi guys,

I would like to know if is there some chance of running CX2388x cards at this moment. I am sure that many people has this chipset in their cards too.
          As we know, there are just a few chipsets that is present in the most nowadays TV cards (BT8x8, CX2388x, SA7...).
          By the way, which one is the chipset used in WinTV PVR?
          I don't think it would be too difficult creating a universal TV and radio WDM plugin by using DirectX SDK.
          David, how long we should expect to get it done?

Thank you.
          Marco

Comment

If it has an 8x8 chipset in it, it might work now...

I will look into this card...

david

Comment

I found this little link that will probably be of some help to poeple.
              http://www.tvoon.de/support/cardlist...ermodelle.html

The question I have is the Tv will only work for WinTV cards? Or will other TV/FM cards listed on this page also work?
              Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
              Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Is / Will the Xtronic FM module supported?
                http://www.xtronic.be/index.php?id=3&lang=2

Comment

Bump

@ David - Xtronic FM module support?

Comment

Originally posted by HoSS
                    Bump

@ David - Xtronic FM module support?
                    I plan to add support... Waiting a test unit to be mailed to me... I also have already taken a look at some of the source code...

david

Comment

Tv Support

Thanks,

Ive put off buying a tv.fm radio card until i see how this works out, esp since the WINTv USB FM cost more than a PCI Low Profile WinTv PVR 150 with FM,

Are those devices with Hardware Encoders easier for you to support than those like the BT8x8 chipset..
                      P4 Celeron 2.2 - 512MB - OPUS 250 - Audigy SE - BU353 - HQCT - No Speakers though :-(

Comment

hey david i have the wintv 150 pci card i got the tv portion to be recognized in CF but the radio portion does not see this card???

Comment

Daaa

For the love of god!! Would someone from CF please, oh please, list a couple of internal and/or external fm/tv cards that have been tried and tested with CF, I've been trawling the forum for aaages and its like pulling teeth!

There must be units that have been tested and confirmed to work well with the current CF build.

I promise not to throw a hissy fit if I do purchase and end up having problems, I just want someone with experience to point in the right direcion! Pleaaaase, I'll be your friend forever...

Thanks Folks, oh and "Hello" this is my first post, consider my cherry well and truly popped.

Dunc

Comment

Originally posted by Stompit View Post
                            For the love of god!! Would someone from CF please, oh please, list a couple of internal and/or external fm/tv cards that have been tried and tested with CF, I've been trawling the forum for aaages and its like pulling teeth!

There must be units that have been tested and confirmed to work well with the current CF build.

I promise not to throw a hissy fit if I do purchase and end up having problems, I just want someone with experience to point in the right direcion! Pleaaaase, I'll be your friend forever...

Thanks Folks, oh and "Hello" this is my first post, consider my cherry well and truly popped.

Dunc
                            I personally tested it with the WinTV USB... It worked fine after I got the drivers setup right and telling it to send the audio through the USB line...

david

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply Veedit I am very impressed with the CF product by the way, especially the UI! Great stuff

Sooo, what we are saying is that the FM radio and TV sections of the CF software should be able to accept input from this device:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_usbfm.html

And that it provides acceptable results while on the move.

Seeing as you have experience with this device, would you have any pointers on what type of additional drivers would be available, or a quality antenna that provides good reception while on the move

Again, many thanks for you help with this

Comment

Working...
                              X