CAN-BUS OBDII support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN-BUS OBDII support

I plan to buy a ELM327 based OBD interface (CAN-BUS protocol is supported).
    Since it claims to be compatible with Scantool software, I wonder if it would work in CF.
    I think the commands (ELM chip) remain the same as the others protocols.

Found a bit cheaper Scantool clone at:
    http://www.obd2allinone.com

bump, I am also interested if this will work
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

obd2allinone support

It appears this OBDII adapter works on the ELM327 chipset, which is the same as the ElmScan 5. Centrafuse OBDII should work with this device just fine if you set your 'Device Type' in OBDII plugin setup to 'ElmScan 5'. I don't have one to test. Can anyone confirm it works? Sounds like a good deal for $99.

About the CAN support. I don't have a CAN vehicle to test it, but my understanding is that it should work precisely the same as the other protocols.
      Can anyone confirm CAN works w/ the ElmScan 5 setting with any devices in CF OBDII?
      Thanks
      --raygun
      Reagan
      Formerly from Centrafuse

Comment

I am gonna go ahead and order it and try it out. I will let you guys know if it works.
        EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

Can someone tell me if Centrafuse is compatible with the USB VAG-COM ODB-II cable?

Thanks!
          Micron GX2 with P3M 1Gz and removed screen, Pyle 7" VGA Touchscreen 800*480, 512mb Ram, Dvd rom USB2 in front, ati M6 Video with 16Mb, 250 gb 3.5" firewire External, 60 Gb 2.5 int, Car2PC, Xtreme Radio, Bluetooth, Cam, CENTRAFUSE 1.6!

Comment

please let me know in this works.. the price would allow me to put odb-ii in my car!

Comment

Originally posted by raygun
              About the CAN support. I don't have a CAN vehicle to test it, but my understanding is that it should work precisely the same as the other protocols.
              Can anyone confirm CAN works w/ the ElmScan 5 setting with any devices in CF OBDII?
              Thanks
              --raygun
              Well, if you ship it to me I'll test it for ya, I gotta 2005 Dodge Sprinter which I'm almost sure is CAN or something even more exotic. The pinouts are 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, & 16 on my vehicle which SEEMS to indicate ISO 15765 (CAN) according to This Link. I'd love to be able to test one of these before shellin the money for purchase.

Comment

I should be receiving my obdII unit before the end of the week, I will let you guys know how it goes.

Comment

updates?
                  My Install

Software:
                  CFiG v1
                  iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
                  Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
                  StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

hahaha CANiBUS

Comment

I have tested the obd2allinone with Centrafuse and a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon(ISO) . It works great. I will be testing it on a CAN supported F-150 later this week.

Comment

awesome!
                        thanks bjm2020! let us know how Centrafuse + CAN goes on that F-150.
                        Reagan
                        Formerly from Centrafuse

Comment

The CAN works great on the F-150.

Comment

Excellent, the Centrafuse OBDII plugin supports the CAN Bus protocol, double verified. Thanks bjm2020
                            Reagan
                            Formerly from Centrafuse

Comment

The ELM chipset translates all OBD2 standards to its own standard protocol between the ELM and the PC, so the software shouldn't have to do ANYTHING different to communicate with CAN, ISO, VPW, or PWM interfaces.

Granted, it won't let you necessarily take full advantage of the speed or capabilities of the CAN bus (ELM = 9600/38400 bps, CAN = 500kbps) but for simple diagnostics and monitoring it's just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X