suggestion to increase boot performance CF 1.6 David pls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion to increase boot performance CF 1.6 David pls

i was testing CF 1.6 last few day and i have to say i am loving this front end more and more.
    as a software engineer i can see that there is alot of time and effort spent on this project.
    the main centrafuse.exe is 933 kb in size which is yah toooooo much coding we cant forget XMLs, skins, plugins, dlls etc
    DAVID you are GIFTED no matter what others says abot CF

another thing i can see that 1.6 is complete and have everything that carputer user need even if there is something missing we always have PLUGINS and if we took the strategy of minor version relese like 1.6.1 - 1.6.2 - 1.6.3 - till 2.0 we will have at least 40 versions of CF you cant imagin guys how much improvments and fixs can happent till version 2.0 so be patient and be positive cuz i am sure that CF 2.0 will kill all other front ends.

David something about CF boot time i can see that loading plugins SPCIALY phone control is taking too much time to load, is it possible to use THREADING for this case if not what about add an opption in setting menu to select between load plugins at boot time or in demand ?? if in demand is selected CF will nt load the plugins at boot time and will wait till a button of a plugin to be bressed and it will load that plugin
    what do you think ??
    We Exist because there is no patch for human Stupidity !!

We need you ALL Here !!

Originally posted by bishooman
    yeah it takes atleast a minute (maybe more) to load on my epia m10k
    my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Why not just place the plugin into the inactiveplugins folder, if you don't use it ..... then it wont load at all ?
      View the 260 Galloping Horses: [images]

Comment

i was testing CF 1.6 last few day and i have to say i am loving this front end more and more.
        as a software engineer i can see that there is alot of time and effort spent on this project.
        the main centrafuse.exe is 933 kb in size which is yah toooooo much coding we cant forget XMLs, skins, plugins, dlls etc
        DAVID you are GIFTED no matter what others says abot CF

another thing i can see that 1.6 is complete and have everything that carputer user need even if there is something missing we always have PLUGINS and if we took the strategy of minor version relese like 1.6.1 - 1.6.2 - 1.6.3 - till 2.0 we will have at least 40 versions of CF you cant imagin guys how much improvments and fixs can happent till version 2.0 so be patient and be positive cuz i am sure that CF 2.0 will kill all other front ends.

David something about CF boot time i can see that loading plugins SPCIALY phone control is taking too much time to load, is it possible to use THREADING for this case if not what about add an opption in setting menu to select between load plugins at boot time or in demand ?? if in demand is selected CF will nt load the plugins at boot time and will wait till a button of a plugin to be bressed and it will load that plugin
        what do you think ??
        If you're a software engineer, I feel sorry for anyone that has to read your code! Ever heard of "punctuation" in a sentence ?!
        Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
        Built in head unit
        Brutus 1500Watt Amp
        Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

Originally posted by NRGZ28
          If you're a software engineer, I feel sorry for anyone that has to read your code! Ever heard of "punctuation" in a sentence ?!
          sorry but i am from middle east so my english is not perfect !! maybe you can give me some help !!

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

Originally posted by ScarFace
            Why not just place the plugin into the inactiveplugins folder, if you don't use it ..... then it wont load at all ?
            yes i did that already and i got 2 sec boot time which is perfect, but my idea is to use threads to load plugins thats mean the software will show the interface and keep loading the plugins in the background so you dont have to wait till all pugins being loaded to start using the software.

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

for some reason, most people on this forum prefer workarounds, even if they are more work than a proper correction!

Comment

Originally posted by konnichiwa
                for some reason, most people on this forum prefer workarounds, even if they are more work than a proper correction!
                exatly why i have to wotkaround as long as a solution exists !!!!!

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

work arounds make you feel involved, if it was all working 100% with no problems... Where's the fun in that?
                  My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                  NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

..... I think it would be fun if everything worked 100%......
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

If everybodies software and hardware ran with no bugs flaws or oversights then this forum would be dead as no one would need problems solving, and questions answered! Like I said... No fun!

I don't know who coined the phrase but... "If everything went right that usually went wrong, wouldn't the day be weary and long?"
                      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

As a software engineer u should know better than deduct amount of effort from length of executable. Theres no really good meter for coding effort, but anything u deduct from SOURCE files, even simple LOC amount is much more accurate. Even that is just quantative, doesnt say anything about quality or even effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawJohn
                          If everybodies software and hardware ran with no bugs flaws or oversights then this forum would be dead as no one would need problems solving, and questions answered! Like I said... No fun!

I don't know who coined the phrase but... "If everything went right that usually went wrong, wouldn't the day be weary and long?"
                          sorry dude, but just because it rhymes doesn't make it true. i'm working towards 100% completion

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
                            As a software engineer u should know better than deduct amount of effort from length of executable. Theres no really good meter for coding effort, but anything u deduct from SOURCE files, even simple LOC amount is much more accurate. Even that is just quantative, doesnt say anything about quality or even effort.
                            what is your point ??!! or you just feel like typing on keyboard !!

by the way i dont have the SOURCE to calculate "line of code (LOC)"

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

what is your point ??!! or you just feel like typing on keyboard !!

by the way i dont have the SOURCE to calculate "line of code (LOC)"
                              600kb of that 900kb is encryption, not code...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X