Some Destinator questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Destinator questions

I understand that a much newer version of Destinator will come out with the final release of CF, but in the mean time I went ahead and got D3 so I could load US maps in CF and try it out. Having actually used it, now I have some questions.

1. I noticed that the US maps are divided into regions and it seems I can only load one at a time. I'm going on a ~500mi road trip this weekend and I'd like to know ahead of time whether I can plot a route across different map regions.

2. I turned off voice in the plugin setup, but when I put D3 into NAV mode, it still gives me turn-by-turn voice prompts. Is there any way to turn this off?

3. David, after searching about, I saw in another thread that you are waiting on the D6 release. Have you heard any news and how soon do you think we can get CF with D6? If it's anything like what you indicated in that post, it'll finally be something I can replace MSS&T with. Thanks for your hard work.
    Ride: 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD/Sheer Silver/Black Leather/factory HIDs.
    MoPuter: Transflectivized Lilli 7", EPIA M-10000, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb WD, SBLive!, 54g WLAN, Holux GM-213, 160W M2-ATX PSU

Originally posted by Thann
    I understand that a much newer version of Destinator will come out with the final release of CF, but in the mean time I went ahead and got D3 so I could load US maps in CF and try it out. Having actually used it, now I have some questions.

1. I noticed that the US maps are divided into regions and it seems I can only load one at a time. I'm going on a ~500mi road trip this weekend and I'd like to know ahead of time whether I can plot a route across different map regions.

2. I turned off voice in the plugin setup, but when I put D3 into NAV mode, it still gives me turn-by-turn voice prompts. Is there any way to turn this off?

3. David, after searching about, I saw in another thread that you are waiting on the D6 release. Have you heard any news and how soon do you think we can get CF with D6? If it's anything like what you indicated in that post, it'll finally be something I can replace MSS&T with. Thanks for your hard work.
    The current D3 implementaion is not 100% complete. My next release will hopefully be using a newer mapping engine. The newer engine addresses your first question and allows routing across the entire US.

I will check into my the voice prompts did not disable...

thanks,
    david

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I will also do some more testing and see if I can find any configuration to blame for the voice prompts refusing to go away.
      Ride: 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD/Sheer Silver/Black Leather/factory HIDs.
      MoPuter: Transflectivized Lilli 7", EPIA M-10000, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb WD, SBLive!, 54g WLAN, Holux GM-213, 160W M2-ATX PSU

Comment

Working...
      X