Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David any new word on Visuals? COME VOTE

David,

I am wondering what the good word is on visualization support within centrafuse. What direction have you decided to go with?

VOTE FOR WHAT YOU WANT

1 - Winamp Visuals
    • Many to choose from
    • Many won't lag
    • Out for a long time

2 - Windows Media style
    • List is growing everyday
    • Many also don't lag but some are not so good for the low powered machines
    • Newer still but list is getting bigger

3 - Sonique only
    • Not the best choice simply becuase of the limited selection.

4 - Some cool and twisted we haven't seen before
    • Limited becuase we would only be able to use the ones you make some are cool but there are already alot of good ones online

5 - Support for all of these

2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

I vote for #1

I want to be able to do something similar to the way the skin looks on my videos and this image. This skin is from road runner it was really just a test of getting it working and I want to to really make it look good.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

The more the better.

My vote goes to #5 ... but if I had to choose, I guess winamp probably has the best selection.

I really want to be able to use G-Force, and it can run in both winamp and WMP, so either way is good in that regard.
      2002 Grand Am progress :
      [] - 80%
      ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

Well I gave WinAmp visuals a try and they do not integrate to well into my application... Their window handles to not properly embed in non-fullscreen modes and all and all the stability once attached to another parent was no good... I might look into it again later...

I did add support for UltraPlayer visuals though, so the next release will support Sonique and UltraPlayer...

I have not even looked into WMP visuals yet, but plan to do that after I get a release out...

david

Comment

If full-screen Milk Drop is supported, it is the only vis I will ever use. If you are testing WinAmp plugins, please test primarily with that one.

As I said in another thread, I don't ever want to see non-full-screen vis. Please make it so the stamp-size art is always art (and clicking it launches the full-screen vis instead of changing the stamp-art to stamp-vis).

Windowed vis (top/bottom bars only) may be useful, but I will be happy with just full-screen. Stamp-sized vis is noting but annoying. You click the stamp-sized vid to make it bigger, so it is more intuitive to click the stamp-sized art to make it bigger (and/or show vis) instead of just changing the stamp-sized art to stamp-sized vis.

Comment

I know there is a windows media player plugin that allows you to use winamp plugins

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

If I go full screen on vis it takes my SP13000 forever to load em up, and when it does they are dog slow, AND I can't exit, have to get keyboard out
              My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
              NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

slow machines can't do them as well but thats why I opted for a more powerful one that wouldn't lag on visuals not really for games

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I have a P3-1.266. It is not slow and the visuals run fine full-screen, but like you, much of the time I run them full screen it locks up all input (music and vis still work fine, but clicking and hot-keys cease to do anything). After that I have to end-task on CF to be able to use it again.

Comment

well that cpu isn't a fast one etheir

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Trust me, a P3 1.266 with 512k Cache and 1GB of DDR ram runs a hell of a lot faster than the Via 1.3. In fact, it runs about as fast as my Athlon XP 2800+.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                        Trust me, a P3 1.266 with 512k Cache and 1GB of DDR ram runs a hell of a lot faster than the Via 1.3. In fact, it runs about as fast as my Athlon XP 2800+.
                        that's plenty fine... The non exit from full screen vis has been fixed already in 1.7 and will not be an issue...

so if they run good, but the info display might not update and it will not exit, don't worry... both have been fixed...

david

Comment

Working...
                        X