Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual video in 1.6

Hi David,
    Im sure like many I have a video card, which allows me to have video on the rear screens while having the controls in the front screen. Video is full screen on the rear once i select to play a video in the front, detected by the card. Little issue i noticed is when I have two playlists loaded (one audio and other is video) and I play video, then switch to audio, the card thinks that the video is just paused, and does not revert back to clone mode. I have to either enter radio, xm, or exit to get clone.

My question is: Is the code pausing the video and my card is not crazy, or is my card is messing up?
    Thanks for you time, my friend.
    DICE Los Angeles
    ]

I will look into it... I have not done much testing with dual monitor support since it was first implemented...

david

Comment

If we had a 2nd sound card (or even a single card with 4-speaker setup), could we have a video (or DVD) playing in the rear with music and nav playing up front?

Comment

Originally posted by yunusyu
        Hi David,
        Im sure like many I have a video card, which allows me to have video on the rear screens while having the controls in the front screen. Video is full screen on the rear once i select to play a video in the front, detected by the card. Little issue i noticed is when I have two playlists loaded (one audio and other is video) and I play video, then switch to audio, the card thinks that the video is just paused, and does not revert back to clone mode. I have to either enter radio, xm, or exit to get clone.

My question is: Is the code pausing the video and my card is not crazy, or is my card is messing up?
        Thanks for you time, my friend.
        I have the same problem becuase video is paused insted of closed. But it gets even worse with SPDIF. When you change back to MP3 playback after playing a video there are no sound from the SPDIF port since the VIDEO already is occuping the SPDIF signal. The DVD playback also gives me problems because the DVD player dosent acctualy realy close.

I tried using Radeon cards and Matrox cards, the problem is still there so the problems lies in CF. If CF closed the Video Player when MP3 or DVD was selected this problem would have been gone I guess.

David, please take a look at this problem.

Comment

Thank you david
          I cant believe you stay on top of all of this while I know you have tons of other things that occupy your time.
          Real admirable.
          DICE Los Angeles
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by deleted
            But it gets even worse with SPDIF.
            You may have better luck with a "Dolby-Digital-LIVE" card. As I understand it, most SPDIF cards only send AC3 when playing off of a DVD and stereo PCM data otherwise. This is why you can only get 5/7.1 channel audio for game if you use the 3/4 analog ports instead of the SPDIF. A DD-Live card on the other hand will re-incode all wav output to real SPDIF including any multi-channel effects processing and mixing of multiple audio sources. Therefore, I think it might solve your problem here (as well as give you much better non-DVD audio quality/features in general).

What do you connect your SPDIF too? Do you have a car-amp that accepts SPDIF in, or a headunit, or a 5.1 processor hide-away box, or what? Please post a link if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
              If we had a 2nd sound card (or even a single card with 4-speaker setup), could we have a video (or DVD) playing in the rear with music and nav playing up front?
              David: This is something I've been thinking about as well. Since we are already are installing dual monitor setup, the audio is the only problem. Is it possible to have centrefuse utilize 4 channel or even 5.1 audio cards to direct the audio to different channels. As well we are looking into 3 and 4 monitor configurations.
              Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
              Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
              zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
              zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

You may have better luck with a "Dolby-Digital-LIVE" card. As I understand it, most SPDIF cards only send AC3 when playing off of a DVD and stereo PCM data otherwise. This is why you can only get 5/7.1 channel audio for game if you use the 3/4 analog ports instead of the SPDIF. A DD-Live card on the other hand will re-incode all wav output to real SPDIF including any multi-channel effects processing and mixing of multiple audio sources. Therefore, I think it might solve your problem here (as well as give you much better non-DVD audio quality/features in general).

What do you connect your SPDIF too? Do you have a car-amp that accepts SPDIF in, or a headunit, or a 5.1 processor hide-away box, or what? Please post a link if you can.
                I am currently testing with the Pioneer DEQ-P6600 DSP.
                http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_...onomy_id=25-29

You menition some Dolby Digital LIVE card. Du you have any link to this product? However, it shoudnt be a problem making this work in CF + FFDSHOW using a regular soundcard, CF just needs some changes for it to work.

Comment

Here's a description: http://www.dolby.com/consumer/techno...olby_live.html

Here's some products:
                  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...9101&CatId=107
                  http://www.diamondmm.com/XS71DDL.php

I have heard that FFDSHOW can basically do this same thing as well, I was just thinking the hardware solution may be better than the software one at avoiding problems like the one CF is causing.

Comment

what would be useful is if you could have GPS audible commands output to a seperate channel. for example in my parents Toyota prius there is a 600 watt speaker system plus an independent speaker dedicated to reading outloud voice commands for the GPS navigation, the volume control for the gps voice is seperate than the music audio volume. this feature is very nice! if you could implememnt it so the gps just outputs directions to some user controllable channel it would be huge because it would allow someone like me witha creative surround sound card to be able to easily control media volume independent of my gps.

Comment

Do you hear that echo too pradecki?

Comment

Originally posted by pradecki
                        what would be useful is if you could have GPS audible commands output to a seperate channel. for example in my parents Toyota prius there is a 600 watt speaker system plus an independent speaker dedicated to reading outloud voice commands for the GPS navigation, the volume control for the gps voice is seperate than the music audio volume. this feature is very nice! if you could implememnt it so the gps just outputs directions to some user controllable channel it would be huge because it would allow someone like me witha creative surround sound card to be able to easily control media volume independent of my gps.
                        I have asked for this many times... Along with sending other plugins and ext apps to other monitors. David said that sound is a hardware issue and will never be fixed. How I do have to wonder I see many games / software move their sound around with another keeping it in the same place, I thought directx could manage that.. I don't think there is enough of us multiple monitor people out there to get these changes...
                        Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
                        Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

hmm it seems there must be some way to handle it maybe it would require a custom driver to support a dual sound card but i know for example I can have two seperate physical (non SLI) video cards in my computer and windows is able to extend my desktop across them. I'm sure it must be possible to write software that sends the output to a specific sound card, a griffin radio shark can import live audio via usb so there's really no reason why the opposite couldn't be done w/ appropriate hardware/software any decent audio mixing software can create a surround mix like adobe audition and it is able to send any audio stream to any channel, its just a matter of how mcuh work you put into writing the software, but as you say there probably isn't enough demand currently to make this a reality at least unless one of us writes the code for it.

Comment

It's definetly possible with dual sound cards and even possible with a single soundcard that has multiple channel output. It's just not currently supported.

I plan to extend the dual video support to all the plugins and external applications and then work on being able to set where to output your audio, but I have other things on my list to get done first.

david

Comment

Thats good to know that is will be worked on. I was always under the impression that it never was going to be done. I know I did an upgrade to my system just to make sure to be able to have 3 monitors going and have enough power to run everything stable. I figured I would have to start looking elsewhere to get things done front end wise.
                              Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
                              Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Working...
                              X