Radio-Xteme and 1.6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio-Xteme and 1.6

Does anybody have the Radio-Xtreme and Centrafuse 1.6 working together? Whenever I click on the radio button, the audio begins to skip and stutter. If I open Radiator outside of Centrafuse, it works correctly. I have even went as far as to try setting up the radio plugin to use Radiator, but it seems like it acted the same. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Here's my setup, check it out.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...997#post934997

Hey 2 STanGer,

I just installed the radio-xtreme and I have the exact opposite problem! I couldn't get anything using Radiator outside of CF, but i got sound inside CF. I think there's still some bugs in CFs radio functions, but once I added some presets to the radio.xml file, it seemed to work fine.

The only thing I can recommend is to make sure the settings path is set correctly. In CF, goto settings>FM radio and go to page 2. I set my path to
    C:\Program Files\RadioXtreme\RX Radiator but that may be different for you depending on where you installed to.

Hope that helps.

Comment

If both CF and raditator are having problems with the sound you can rule out the problem with the software. I can see this as one of three things...

1 - The sound input on the soundcard is messed up.
      2 - There is poor singal quality getting from the xtreme.
      3 - Something going on with the unit.

I would frist try moving the sound input to another port if you have it, maybe try mic or a line-in and see if that improves your sound. I would remove the unit and try it on another computer and see if it sounds any better. Then I would try to move the car to another location (top of a hill or some place with good reception).

That should help with narrowing down where the problem is. If you already tried these thigns great, just figured I would try to help out some.

I always enjoyed my xtreme, though I have to say I really like the thought of getting the money for an HQCT radio. I can't wait till its supported in CF.
      Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
      Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Well, I got mine working (in the house) but the sound quality isn't the greatest. It sounds like the bass notes are getting cut off. Is that called clipping? I tried switching between line-in and mic. I even tried updating the drivers of the on-board audio (Via mobo using their AC'97 Vinyl codec). I tried messing with the master mixer for the codec and muting all other input sources. Nothing helped. But I was only using the di-pole antenna that came with the card. Maybe the car antenna will be different? I'll also try a different computer before I install it in the car. Thanks for the suggestions Floatingpi.

I also noticed that the sounds completely stopped in CF after 2-3 minutes and only restarted when I clicked on another preset button or switched to media then back to radio. Hopefully CF 1.7 will fix some of the issues.

Comment

The only other suggestion I have is try it at another location. If you have a friend that will let you connect it to their system. It might just be the reception. I live ontop of a hill so I can get really great reception with the antenna not even pluged in. Of course I drop off the hill and loose most of my quality because of line of sight issues.

I have really gotten the feeling that most radios are bugy at best, I still have issues with mine from time to time. Might try to find what works out the best and go with that.
          Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
          Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Well, I guess my first place to look is in the Radio.xml presets. I didn't know I needed to do that. When I meant Radiator didn't work, I meant that if I tried to setup the Radio Plug-in to use Radiator it didn't work either. Radiator works perfectly fine running normally in Windows. I will keep tweaking with it until 1.7 comes out and hopefully it will be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 STanGeR
              Well, I guess my first place to look is in the Radio.xml presets. I didn't know I needed to do that. When I meant Radiator didn't work, I meant that if I tried to setup the Radio Plug-in to use Radiator it didn't work either. Radiator works perfectly fine running normally in Windows. I will keep tweaking with it until 1.7 comes out and hopefully it will be fixed.
              you shouldn't have to install anything to use the RadioXtreme... You should use it natively instead of through Radiator.

Check your error.log file. RadioXtreme should work natively if you select it in settings...

You can save presets by holding the preset buttons instead of editing the preset xml file.

david

Comment

What verison of the driver are you using for the Radio-Xtreme? Maybe it is a driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 STanGeR
                  What verison of the driver are you using for the Radio-Xtreme? Maybe it is a driver issue.
                  You don't need a driver at all with the RadioXtreme...

david

Comment

Working...
                  X