What gps software do most of you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gps software do most of you use?

ya, what do you all use? and what gps module do u all use?

Iguidance 2.1.2 EU
    ---------------------------------------------

www.superchargedmiata.net - all about roadster lifestyle

---------------------------------------------

Comment

cf will support more stuff right?

i have an mr2, so like could i mount the gps somewhere near the rear window?

Comment

I guess that depends on what you mean by support. You can embed any windows app. However, if you want to have the music pause when a voice command comes up your stuck with destinator (for right now anyway). I might be putting my foot in my mouth so someone please correct me if I am wrong...

I currently use destinator plugin for in town driving and it works just fine for me. I also use Topo USA when I am driving out of town or want really detailed information about my surroundings. To get both of these working I use a virtual GPS com tool called GPS Gate.
        Hardware: VIA Epia MS 12000, 512 DDR, 60GB HD, 7" Xenarc, GM-210, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio Xtreme
        Software: Centrafuse2, Phonecontrol.net, nLite, TopoUSA 5.0, iGuidance, Girder, Winc

Comment

Have you guys seen CoPilot GPS 9? I know a guy that used it and he said it was really good. Check it out:

http://www.alk.com/copilot/laptop.asp

Comment

I used Copilot Live 6 on a pocketPC until now and loved it. But now I use destinator with CF1.6 in my car and so far it has been reliable and it gets me where I need to go... I am looking forward for the new interface in 1.7 though...
            Micron GX2 with P3M 1Gz and removed screen, Pyle 7" VGA Touchscreen 800*480, 512mb Ram, Dvd rom USB2 in front, ati M6 Video with 16Mb, 250 gb 3.5" firewire External, 60 Gb 2.5 int, Car2PC, Xtreme Radio, Bluetooth, Cam, CENTRAFUSE 1.6!

Comment

Destinator becuase it will be the final solution.
              2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I still like the overlays out there for Google Earth. I can't use it quite like I want to though because the embed app is still buggy.
                tango/dune
                Infiniti QX4 2002 project (done!... for now)

Comment

Google earth is better for a home computer. Would be cool to setup destinator to send heart beats from the gps which you could have read from your home computer and plotted on google maps.
                  2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

question gps is free right? like the service?

Comment

you just need to buy the maps to understand the gps data, but taking your position, etc. is all free

Comment

Originally posted by Floatingpi
                        I guess that depends on what you mean by support. You can embed any windows app. However, if you want to have the music pause when a voice command comes up your stuck with destinator (for right now anyway). I might be putting my foot in my mouth so someone please correct me if I am wrong...

I currently use destinator plugin for in town driving and it works just fine for me. I also use Topo USA when I am driving out of town or want really detailed information about my surroundings. To get both of these working I use a virtual GPS com tool called GPS Gate.
                        Ill correct you. Road runner now has the ability to have iguidance voice talk to you.

but for centrafuse i beleive its destinator all the way. all depends on which front end you use what works with it.

Id find a front end i wanted to use and then get what works best with it.
                        MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
                        M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
                        7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
                        Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
                        Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by yrean
                          Ill correct you. Road runner now has the ability to have iguidance voice talk to you.

but for centrafuse i beleive its destinator all the way. all depends on which front end you use what works with it.

Id find a front end i wanted to use and then get what works best with it.
                          IGuidance with Roadrunner. Voice directions over music. Cool.
                          ~Jimmy

Comment

how about DeLorme 2005? That's what I have, running on CF 1.3 (waaaay back). Does delorme embed with CF anymore? I saw there were still problems, I couldn't get it to work with 1.6

Comment

hmm im debating whether i should get gps, i wont really need it you know

the only reason i would need it, if i get lost in the city trying to find a place, can i just input the name of the place or its address, and itll give me directions?

Comment

Working...
                              X