Ive searched but haven't found anything conclusive about CF and HORM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive searched but haven't found anything conclusive about CF and HORM

So is anybody using Hibernate Once, Resume Many, with CF? I've been using Roadrunner and there are still some issues with the song/playlist not being corrected on startup. I'm looking at other options now... so does anybody use this with CF?

(I seen threads/posts mentioning HORM and CF, but they never had any 100% conclusions)

No point in using HORM becuase hibernate times vs horm times are the same so its really pointless. Take it from someone who knows though with my 10second post to music times. CF will in 1.7 work better with horm I read that I think but hibernate works fine so I would think it would be really similar.

Horm is cool if you lock your media files so if a front end modifies them directly your files will revert to normal again. Just bad for the boot partition and if you didn't use it for that you wouldn't have posted this thread prob.

Anyway thats all she wrote
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

You still have a 10 second boot time after upgrading to the new setup?
      Here's my setup, check it out.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...997#post934997

Comment

"No point in using HORM becuase hibernate times vs horm times are the same so its really pointless."

I think you are missing the point of HORM all together. Making a save point takes forever and I don't have one of those timed power controller units, so I'd just like to be able to turn the system off instantly and still be able to boot up in 10 seconds.

Comment

Timed power controll units you mean like any standard dc psu has

opus.....

It just tells the computer to power off and then it hibernates and kills itself. Horm isn't worth the trouble except for media files and thats it.
          2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

hi there , i use to use hirbernate with my laptop, was great for a while, then over time the RAM stated to fill up and all memory exchange was done via paging.

made the system so slow that it took 30min to reboot. very messy! now i just restart it every time.

take about 1 min to load to a least the music doesn't glitch when to go through the menus anymore.

what is this HORM ? never heard of it?

Comment

Hi, well I must say I disagree with you mbkowns. I think HORM is a really great thing. I agree it is not good for everyone (well what is), but it is for people who wants the CarPC to work well and not just for a year . I mean if someone makes PC to freeze just turn off and on and it is like it was when instaled. It should only save a file which contains which module you were when turning off and these things (so when you turn on it plays the same track which was played at turn off). And this file must be saved on different location.

Comment

Working...
              X