Question about Destinator David

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Destinator David

I didn't get too attached to destinator 3.0 because I realized new stuff was going to come out. Anyway I had one question and from reviewing the gps screenshot thread it doesn't seem this is true about my question. Will you be able to in 3D mode to see the street names and more information? If this isn't too hard to add I think it should go in there. I use 3d mode primarily because it looks nicer while driving vs. 2D.

2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

I think it was said that this will not be supported by Destinator PN (or DN) but will be with the next release... anyone can confirm???
    Micron GX2 with P3M 1Gz and removed screen, Pyle 7" VGA Touchscreen 800*480, 512mb Ram, Dvd rom USB2 in front, ati M6 Video with 16Mb, 250 gb 3.5" firewire External, 60 Gb 2.5 int, Car2PC, Xtreme Radio, Bluetooth, Cam, CENTRAFUSE 1.6!

Comment

David did you mention this and I just missed it or forgot about it?

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

1.7 and forward will be using the Destinator ND engine. I am not sure that PN maps will work.

david

Comment

David will street names be visable using 3d mode?

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
            1.7 and forward will be using the Destinator ND engine. I am not sure that PN maps will work.
            I fired a question to Destinator tech support. I'll post up what I hear back.
            :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall
              ND is an OEM only product and is not for sale retail... So I believe the PN maps will not function. It is best to wait and purchase the complete package from Flux, which will include maps.

david

Comment

ND is an OEM only product and is not for sale retail... So I believe the PN maps will not function. It is best to wait and purchase the complete package from Flux, which will include maps.
                Ahh, okay.. Well, at least we'll know for sure.

Comment

david

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Haha, an entire thread, and still no answer to your question, mbk.
                    2002 Grand Am progress :
                    [] - 80%
                    ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
                      The current object I am working does not have the option to display street names in 3D mode, but I have requested to have the feature added. So I plan to have it optional in the final release.

For some reason most hardware vendors do not want street names in 3D mode. I was browsing through either this month or lasts months Car Audio which had many GPS systems and lots didn't display street names in 3D mode.

From what I can tell this is due to one of the larger GPS markets being handhelds, which do not have screens big enough to display street names in 3D mode without everything looking very cluttered and unusable...

Long and short I have the request in and I feel I will get the option in before the final release...

david

Comment

ROCK!

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

And, they said...

Originally posted by Destinator Support

Hi...

Can the Destinator PN map sets work within a Destinator ND application?

The reason I ask is that I want to use an app that's based around ND, but all I can find for purchase are PN map sets.

Thanks!
                          Mark,

If you are wanting too use European or North American PN map data with your ND unit, you can but its a little tricky to install.

You need to intstall the Destinator Console (from the PN dics), cut the maps then transfer the map folder to the appropriate folder on your SD card.

regards,
                          Destnator Aus Tech Support.
                          So, it sounds like the data format for the map sets is the same, but the location is different?

Comment

And, they said...

So, it sounds like the data format for the map sets is the same, but the location is different?
                            I also think one of the major key's is running it through the map cutter that comes with PN. This might be what compiles the maps to run in ND. Once I get it released someone can give it shot and see if it works.

david

Comment

Working...
                            X