Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random music play bug?

I got some problem in Random mode.

If you press the Prev. song button more than once, then it choses a random song, and are not selleting the prev. song?

Isent it posible for CF to rember the playlist like eg. Mediaengine?

Also if you press next song, and then prev. song and the next again, then the song is different that the first song?

BTW: is it posible for the Navigation in CF to use 2 gps unit, one as primary and on as secondary?

Comment

Originally posted by clemen
      BTW: is it posible for the Navigation in CF to use 2 gps unit, one as primary and on as secondary?
      what does that mean and why would you want to do that?
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
        what does that mean and why would you want to do that?
        I just got a few BT gps units for free, and then i wanted to make a backup system, so if the one gps units lost its contact then the other would take over, (its placed at another location)

Comment

Cool, where do I sign up for one of these free bt gps?

As far as the question is concerned, I don't think that's possible. Each gps would be connected via a different [virtual] serial port, and none of the navigation software that i know of can accept concurrent input from multiple serial ports.

Are these strictly battery powered? If you have the option to power it via the car's electrical system, do that.. there's really no reason that the gps should lose contact then.

Comment

As far as the question is concerned, I don't think that's possible. Each gps would be connected via a different [virtual] serial port, and none of the navigation software that i know of can accept concurrent input from multiple serial ports.
            One would easily writes an app that monitors both ports and checks for validity in the NMEA strings and outputs the valid one to another port, where the GPS software is connected to.
            iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
            CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

^ it would be interesting if such an app could accept the input from multiple GPS units at the same time and provide an average.. might make for better accuracy..?

Comment

This would be best done by creating a seperate program that created a Virtual COM Port. Then in the applications settings you told it what COM ports all your GPS receivers were on and it feed the information to the virtual COM port, that would then be used in any GPS application...

david

Comment

^ it would be interesting if such an app could accept the input from multiple GPS units at the same time and provide an average.. might make for better accuracy..?
                  "Averaging" the signals is not necessary. You only need to check for the checksum in the NMEA string.

clemen's idea is actually a pretty good one. Your best bet is to ask Curiosity, the guy who wrote xPort3, to make this an option in his app.
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Good idea, I think one of the most important advantage would be direction... since it wouldnt anymore have to be counted on movement.

BTW: this thread is bit OT

Comment

I happen to have two DeLorme USB GPS units, it would be great if I have that app!

Comment

Originally posted by Imobejoas
                        I happen to have two DeLorme USB GPS units, it would be great if I have that app!
                        Well shouldnt be too hard to code, if i remember right NMEA is not open protocol but has been pretty thoroughly reverse engineered, otherwise is just common comport message passing...

Damn would be interesting project actually... wish i had other unit.

So advantages would be:

- Redundancy
                        - Accuracy
                        - Direction determining

Possibly something else?

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
                          Well shouldnt be too hard to code, if i remember right NMEA is not open protocol but has been pretty thoroughly reverse engineered, otherwise is just common comport message passing...

Damn would be interesting project actually... wish i had other unit.

So advantages would be:

- Redundancy
                          - Accuracy
                          - Direction determining

Possibly something else?
                          Bragging rights.

Comment

Could u even determine angle the car is?? so u could know steepness of street? What i mean is accuracy enough to that in practise?

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
                              Could u even determine angle the car is?? so u could know steepness of street? What i mean is accuracy enough to that in practise?
                              I don't think the GPS is that accurate. Isn't it only up to like 10-15 ft? So maybe if your car was like a limo

Comment

Working...
                              X