Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about CF 1.7 and the global 'header'

David,

Judging by the latest screenshots, it would appear that CF 1.7 (same as 1.6) does not put the song name in the global header, when embedding an application (or even when in integrated GPS screen).

I mostly use CF in GPS mode (embedding iGuidance) and having the song name at the top is perfect, because it keeps me from going back to the Media screen only to check song name.

Would like to know your thoughts on this, and also from other forum members whether this is something you miss too.

Thanks!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

You can make the full screen and non-fullscreen external application window any size and coordinates you want by simply editing the skin.xml file...

Find the external applications section and change the values... You can make full screen still show the top header and just cover the bottom, or vice versa...

Or make the non-fullscreen cover the bottom and show the top header and the regular fullscreen stay the same... You can modify it however you want...

david

Comment

Oh, of course.... I really haven't played with that section of the Skin XML file much, so did not think about the possibilities!

So, we can change the XML for embedded applications, such that there are no additional headers for 'close app' etc., and have it behave just like CF 1.4? I really would miss the additional screen realestate otherwise.

I will plan on building this into the Nexus skin I have been working so hard at.
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
        David,

Judging by the latest screenshots, it would appear that CF 1.7 (same as 1.6) does not put the song name in the global header, when embedding an application (or even when in integrated GPS screen).

I mostly use CF in GPS mode (embedding iGuidance) and having the song name at the top is perfect, because it keeps me from going back to the Media screen only to check song name.

Would like to know your thoughts on this, and also from other forum members whether this is something you miss too.

Thanks!
        Totally a skin issue you could change it if you wanted to
        2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Working...
        X