Mic for Voice Recognition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic for Voice Recognition

Hey guys...anyone know a good brand to go with for a mic? I'm looking for one that cancels out road noise and all that jazz. What are most of you guys using for Centrafuse? Just curious...thanks!

-rittboy

I second that.. I saw some mic kit at radio shack.. hhmm

Comment

I need a good mic for phoneCo, too.

Comment

Look at some of those hands-free sets that attach to the headrest? If nothing else you might atleast be able to use the mic. I know they sell them at Brookstone and some other places too I'm sure.

Comment

Salvage a mic from a car handsfree kit.

They are supposedly designed for the automotive environment (i.e. small form factor, directional, long wires) and some (most?) of them have the standard 3.5mm stereo connectors that plug directly into the mic-in on the mainboard.

Comment

I just bought a pair of Labtec LVA-7280 ClearVoice Digital Microphone's off ebay and have been trying them out at home. They are truely amazing at picking up voice and cancelling out ambient noise. They are a little on the large size but i think you could mount it to the sun visor and you would be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by kmstech
              I just bought a pair of Labtec LVA-7280 ClearVoice Digital Microphone's off ebay and have been trying them out at home. They are truely amazing at picking up voice and cancelling out ambient noise. They are a little on the large size but i think you could mount it to the sun visor and you would be good to go.
              Really? How much did you get them for? Got any pics of them?

Comment

Originally posted by L-U-R-C-H
                Really? How much did you get them for? Got any pics of them?
                I got them off ebay for $20 each. The one problem I have is that they are a powered microphone. So you would need to use a power inverter in order to get them to work. Here are is a picture:

Comment

Originally posted by kmstech
                  I got them off ebay for $20 each. The one problem I have is that they are a powered microphone. So you would need to use a power inverter in order to get them to work. Here are is a picture:

what are the power requirements, watts/amps?

david

Comment

hhhmm that looks like it will almost fit under the front windshield?

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                      what are the power requirements, watts/amps?

I am just looking at it and I think you could actually work something out as it runs on 7.5v and 700mA.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=138

That would work, but the mic still seems rather large.

Also, has anyone tested the voice recognition control of XLE?

Comment

Indeed the mic is a little on the larger side but I think you could mount it to the sun viser and you would be good to go. I tried the mic with music on at my computer and I was able to get good recognition at medium volume with the mic position in close to/in front of one of the speakers.

Comment

Got a Jabra800 BT headset with noise suppression.

Comment

I purchased a MIC for a Nokia Car Kit from Ebay, 8euro all in and working without any issues what so ever.
                              P4 Celeron 2.2 - 512MB - OPUS 250 - Audigy SE - BU353 - HQCT - No Speakers though :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X