Native Radio Support - feature request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Radio Support - feature request

Congratulations for RC1. It really seems to be very stable.

I tought RC1 would be using a native WDM radio support since it's very similar to TV DirectShow code.
    There are advantages like less resources comsumption and better integration.
    I would like to suggest as a new feature.

I will be redoing how the radio support works in RC2... I plan to build a CFRadio interface into the SDK. There will be samples inside the download from the Flux Developer Network for how I implemented the interface for RadioXtreme, Radiator, and the DLink...

I then plan to build an HQCT CFRadio module, but a WDM module could also easily be made using this interface...

This will allow people to continue to build and enhance radio support without changing the versions of Centrafuse. It will work like the plugins, but they will be radio modules...

david

Comment

What about WinTV+FM USB? If I remember right you have the same TV/FM tuner and you recoded whole TV plugin. What about FM? Am I missing something or WinTV+FM USB is currently not supported in 1.7 RC1 (there are only Radiator, RadioExtreme, DLink and BT8x8?)

Uros
      System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
      USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
      Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
      Honda delSol project
      CarDomain

Comment

I added support in the TV plugin... It is completly seperate from the Radio... I did not get into accessing the FM portion of TV cards when I rebuilt the TV plugin, I was focused on building the TV plugin...

note: So yes, the FM portion of that card is not currently natively supported... I believe you can get it to work through Radiator though...

I will be rebuilding the way radio modules are added in RC2, as stated...

david

Comment

what about radioSHARK

what about support for radioSHARK it works good but no one seems to use it and its cheaper then radio extreme?

Comment

Working...
          X