Possible fix for navigation issue reported by some people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix for navigation issue reported by some people

Some have reported the Navigation is not loading, but going into a little black square in the top left corner.

You might try the following:

Open a command shell in the Centrafuse directory, then enter this:

regsvr32 DestSDK.dll

Hit OK on the dialog and restart Centrafuse. This was suppose to happen, and it did for all my test machines and a lot of users on the forums, automatically. I am looking into what could cause it to sometimes not work.

david

In the settings, how come we are not able to modify the Navigation display name? I was trying to change "NAV" to "GPS" and couldn't find a setting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by L-U-R-C-H
      In the settings, how come we are not able to modify the Navigation display name? I was trying to change "NAV" to "GPS" and couldn't find a setting for it.
      I don't have that editable, but you can easily change it in the language file... It's an XML file with the name of the language you have set in Languages folder under Centrafuse...

david

Comment

Yeah I was just curious because in version 1.6 it was editable. Thanks for the info David!

Comment

Thanks David, that was it... worked like a charm after registering the dll
          Micron GX2 with P3M 1Gz and removed screen, Pyle 7" VGA Touchscreen 800*480, 512mb Ram, Dvd rom USB2 in front, ati M6 Video with 16Mb, 250 gb 3.5" firewire External, 60 Gb 2.5 int, Car2PC, Xtreme Radio, Bluetooth, Cam, CENTRAFUSE 1.6!

Comment

Hi, please excuse my ignorance, but could someone please tell me how to open a command shell in the centrafuse directory?
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
              Hi, please excuse my ignorance, but could someone please tell me how to open a command shell in the centrafuse directory?
              go to start/run and enter cmd.exe

This will bring up a dos window. Then navigate to the directory where you installed Centrafuse, for example type:

cd "c:\Program Files\Flux Media\Centrafuse"

Then issue the command..

david

Comment

thanks..
                MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

so am I right in thinking that D3 & D6 cannot reside on the same PC.

Cause after installing CF, Freedrive's maps won't load, then on reinstalling FD, CF's Nav doesn't work, as mentioned above.

I pressumed the Dest.dll file for D3 had been updated in D6 but kept the same name, hence the incompatibility, now it seems it is DestSDK.dll in D6
                  My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                  NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

David -> Still no fix on the port problem?

Comment

Originally posted by clemen
                      David -> Still no fix on the port problem?
                      I'm looking into it... I have been able to reproduce it, but all I do is keep changing the COM port until I get one that works, and it stays working...

It works perfect with my serial GPS hooked to a hardware serial port, but for example with the Earthmate USB/Serial driver I have had it do as everyone has explained...

I just kept going up with the virtual COM port until it worked, and it stayed working...

Anyway... I'm looking into it... I should know more in a couple of days..

david

Comment

Hy guys i had the same problem with the com-port.
                        Then i use the tool ShowGPS and at the moment it works.
                        With this tool you can test your com-port,detect optimal settings and you can also solve the com-port problem sometimes.

link: ShowGPS Site

Comment

I tested with a similar software....My gps works with the software but not in CF.
                          New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                          Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                          Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

I cannot get GPS to lock on, and it doesn't seem to matter what settings I use.

It locked on whilst outside my house last night, but then won't even try today whilst the car is moving.

My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

My GPS was totally reluctant for some time to start, I was playing around with the SIRF settings. After I put everything back, no matter what I did, the GPS stil wouldn't start.
                              Then I went to the Centrafuse directory and manually startet the destinator.exe. Locked to the satellites immediatelly. After that, if I play around with settings and the nav in CF doesn't seem to find the satellites, I just go out, run destinator.exe, close it, go to CF again, and it works.

Seems that not all the settings made in CF are stored properly or something like that...

Comment

Working...
                              X