Plugin Skin selection in 1.7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin Skin selection in 1.7?

How are plugin skins selected under 1.7? You no longer can configure the skin in the Plpugin setup screens...

I assume that it takes the same skin (same name) from active skin, and tries to apply that if it exists. but I did just that, and it still won't take.

any ideas?
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

The skin is essentially the folder name.... That is what is displayed in settings and what you have available as your options...

If you have a folder in the Skins directory, it should show up and allow you to select it...

david

Comment

David,

The weather SETUP dialog does not have a selection for SKIN... just DISPLAYNAME and LOCATION, and then AUTODIAL on the right.
      2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

I see... No plugins have skin, language, or metric/imperial settings anymore... These are all read from the main plugin...

This way you can set the skin under General settings, and it changes for all skins...

so to change the skin for a plugin you would change the skin for the application...

If you want to edit it manually, you simply open the config.xml in each plugin and manually type in the folder name of your skin, then it will load it...

david

Comment

OK. So seems that it is not foolproof... I selected a new Skin that I quickly whipped together (testing for now), and it oubviously did not switch the weather skin (because none was available at the time).

Then I creatd a weather skin to go along with it, and started CF. The old weather skin was still showing.

I think you're saying that if I go to the setup, and select the new skin again, it will 'detect' the new weather skin too this time, and enable it.

Perhaps you could consider scanning for the skins upon startup in case a new one that matches the current main skin) is detected?

Not a big deal. I changed it manually anyway
          2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
            OK. So seems that it is not foolproof... I selected a new Skin that I quickly whipped together (testing for now), and it oubviously did not switch the weather skin (because none was available at the time).

Then I creatd a weather skin to go along with it, and started CF. The old weather skin was still showing.

I think you're saying that if I go to the setup, and select the new skin again, it will 'detect' the new weather skin too this time, and enable it.

Perhaps you could consider scanning for the skins upon startup in case a new one that matches the current main skin) is detected?

Not a big deal. I changed it manually anyway
            I see... If the skin was not available at the time you changed it in the Weather skins folder, it would not have switched...

I will look into scanning...

david

Comment

Working...
            X