Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daivd Can you add this to the Top Bar of CF ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daivd Can you add this to the Top Bar of CF ??

i am working on a NCK 5 plugin and i need to show the GPS status indicator on the top bar of CF.
    can you make a place for one more icon that i can control from my plugin ??
    i need to add these is it possibale ??

peace
    Attached Files
    We Exist because there is no patch for human Stupidity !!

We need you ALL Here !!

currently plugins can't add things to the top bar, but I will look into the possibility...

there isn't much room left, unless you don't use phone...

I will look into it, for now you can show it somewhere in your plugin.. I don't show GPS signal everywhere, I don't see the need...

note: Glad your working on an NCK plugin! If you need any help with the SDK let me know...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid

note: Glad your working on an NCK plugin! If you need any help with the SDK let me know...

david
      actully i dont have the SDK i cantaccted them a lot for that but no body answers me.
      i am working on the application it self, it is already toutch screen friendly you can control its settings from its .ini files, i am working on Win API calls and send keys.

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
        I don't show GPS signal everywhere, I don't see the need...
        david
        I was deceived not to see it in 1.7.
        In my opinion, i think it is needed.

Not necessery a bif icon...a little could be OK.
        New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
        Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
        Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

Originally posted by bishooman
          actully i dont have the SDK i cantaccted them a lot for that but no body answers me.
          i am working on the application it self, it is already toutch screen friendly you can control its settings from its .ini files, i am working on Win API calls and send keys.
          I started working on an IG plugin this week, using the same methods. Maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other. My code is a mess right now, as i was just trudging through embedding IG within the plugin, but I could clean it up a bit and share what I have. (c#)
          My Install

Software:
          CFiG v1
          iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
          Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
          StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by alti
            I started working on an IG plugin this week, using the same methods. Maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other. My code is a mess right now, as i was just trudging through embedding IG within the plugin, but I could clean it up a bit and share what I have. (c#)
            no problem at all, let me just code some functions and we will see
            or if you want we can both work in the same project (NCK) i choosed this cuz it has world maps support so it will work for any one

Edit:
            i just found soemthing interesting go to http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php and download you will get AutoitX3.dll and you can use this instead of bothering on WIN32 API pain

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

I will have to take a look at NCK, but i dont own it, but even if i contiinue on Ig I think our plugins will be very close to the same, mostly just differnt key strokes sent to the apps handle. Most of what we will want to try to control through CF is the same and the embedding process should be the same was well (minus the ig nag screen) I have IG embedding into a panel in CF, I am just working on getting to resize correctly on skin size changes.
              My Install

Software:
              CFiG v1
              iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

I will have to take a look at NCK, but i dont own it, but even if i contiinue on Ig I think our plugins will be very close to the same, mostly just differnt key strokes sent to the apps handle. Most of what we will want to try to control through CF is the same and the embedding process should be the same was well (minus the ig nag screen) I have IG embedding into a panel in CF, I am just working on getting to resize correctly on skin size changes.
                man i am stuck here with embedding thing can you please send me a pice of code showing how you did that ??how did you embbded it into a panel ??
                thanks

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

pass the handle to the panel using the win API (included in the CF SDK ) Win32.SetParent(ChildHandle, ParentHandle)

get the handle of the panel you create (yourPanel.Handle) and the handle of the GPS program window and add them as arguments to the line above.

I am not home at the moment, but i will send you the code i am playing with later tonight. (which is embedding fine, but not resizeing yet)
                  My Install

Software:
                  CFiG v1
                  iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

pass the handle to the panel using the win API (included in the CF SDK ) Win32.SetParent(ChildHandle, ParentHandle)

get the handle of the panel you create (yourPanel.Handle) and the handle of the GPS program window and add them as arguments to the line above.
                    actuly this is my problem gettign GPS program handel window how can i do that ??

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

I am not home at the moment, but i will send you the code i am playing with later tonight. (which is embedding fine, but not resizeing yet)
                      Here is some code that might help get you going on embedding, resizing, and sending keys...

It is small examples of each... I did not include the DLLImport's, but you can get those at pinvoke.net.

IntPtr _Handle;
                      Panel containerPanel;
                      string windowname = "Notepad";

private void embedApp()
                      {
                      int counter = 0;
                      _Handle = Win32.FindWindow(null, windowname);

if(_Handle == IntPtr.Zero)
                      {
                      Win32.EnumWindowsProc ewp = new Win32.EnumWindowsProc(EvalWindow);
                      Win32.EnumWindows(ewp, IntPtr.Zero);

while(_Handle == IntPtr.Zero && counter < 32)
                      {
                      counter++;
                      System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(250);
                      Win32.EnumWindows(ewp, IntPtr.Zero);
                      }
                      }

if(_Handle != IntPtr.Zero)
                      {
                      index = Win32.GetWindowLong(_Handle, Win32.GWL_EXSTYLE);
                      Win32.SetWindowLong(_Handle, Win32.GWL_EXSTYLE, index & (~Win32.WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE));
                      index = Win32.GetWindowLong(_Handle, Win32.GWL_STYLE);
                      Win32.SetWindowLong(_Handle, Win32.GWL_STYLE, index & (~Win32.WS_BORDER));
                      m_iParent = Win32.GetParent(_Handle);
                      Win32.SetParent(_Handle, containerPanel.Handle);
                      }
                      }

private bool EvalWindow(IntPtr hWnd, IntPtr lParam)
                      {
                      System.Text.StringBuilder title = new System.Text.StringBuilder(256);
                      Win32.GetWindowText(hWnd, title, 256);

if(title.ToString().Trim().ToUpper().IndexOf(windo wname.ToUpper()) != -1)
                      {
                      _Handle = hWnd;
                      return false;
                      }

return true;
                      }

private void resizeWindow(int x, int y, int width, int height)
                      {
                      containerPanel.Bounds = new Rectangle(x, y, width, height);
                      Win32.SetWindowPos(_Handle, IntPtr.Zero, 0, 0, containerPanel.Bounds.Width, containerPanel.Bounds.Height, 0);
                      }

private void sendKeyDown()
                      {
                      Win32.SendMessage(_Handle, Win32.WM_KEYDOWN, Win32.VK_DOWN, 0);
                      }

good luck

david

Comment

Originally posted by bishooman
                        actuly this is my problem gettign GPS program handel window how can i do that ??
                        Davids code above (looking at it quickly) looks like it uses the FindWindow function, all you have to do is add the name of the Gps programs window.

in mine i started the process (i called p) and then i called the p.MainWindowHandle and inserted it into a IntPtr
                        My Install

Software:
                        CFiG v1
                        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Davids code above (looking at it quickly) looks like it uses the FindWindow function, all you have to do is add the name of the Gps programs window.

in mine i started the process (i called p) and then i called the p.MainWindowHandle and inserted it into a IntPtr
                          ok perfect everything is clear now thanks guys

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

David, thank you very much for the code, I think it will be a big help.
                            My Install

Software:
                            CFiG v1
                            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

I start the process before I run the embed function using the Process class, I just use Win32 for everything else, just to make sure I get the right one.

I found that the Process class sometimes gave me window handles of parent windows, when the graphic/form window I wanted to embed was actually a child of that parent handle, so I went with FindWindow...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X