final licencing question, multiple machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final licencing question, multiple machines

Hi david, I just have a question about the final licencing when cf is finally available for sale....

I have a total of 3 carpc's,2 in one install & one in another car, plus I have to run cf on my development machine for obvious testing & skin building reasons...

I will probably want to run navigation on 2 of the carpcs, the other slave unit & the development machine don't really need navi...

my question is, will I have to buy a licence for each of these 4 machines? will there be any sort of multi user discounts, or will it actually cost me full price X4?

sorry for the new thread, but I would guess there are many others who run this on more than one machine also....

just trying to gauge where I'll be when cf does become available...
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Very good thread Turbo.Good Questions.
    I think many people would had wonder about that....
    Me too.

I think also all beta testers 'plus people developping skins/ext apps/ plugin/ etc.. are in this case).
    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

This is something we have not really addressed... I don't forsee it being a problem, but it will be like most standard end user software. You will receive one license...

We do not currently have plans to implement activation to run Centrafuse, but there will be measures put in place to ensure it is not installed on multiple computers, different machine keys, etc...

We have some breathing room in this area though for test/setup unit's, but a license should be purchased for all cars you use Centrafuse in, or if you have a setup in your house for playing music, non test units basically...

The testing units is why we gave some leverage on the number of installs per license...

I will talk with everyone and bring up the topic about a multi-user version for someone with multiple cars.

david

Comment

I think a great idea would be single use licence, up to 3 machine licence, up to 5 machine licence, etc..., either that, or maybe a crippled version for developing...., I guess buying 2 licences for 2 cars is almost expected, & I could live with that, but to have to buy 2 licences & still not be able to use it on my laptop for developing, or to have to buy 2 licences for one car because it has 2 pc's networked, that could get a bit expensive, any plans for networked install support?

I'm just afraid that when it does hit the market, it's going to cost me like $600 or more to continue using it the way I do..., on the other hand I can fully understand having to limit this to one machine so this doesn't get shared all over the place, & you wind up only getting paid for one out of every 10 copies being used...

curious to see how this pans out in the end.... cf is definatley my first choice for my frontend for several reasons, & I'm hoping to be able to use it for a long term solution for my install when I can finally buy it....

Comment

Also as soon as CF is final and everything is working, I am upgrading my board to somethings faster (Epia is just not fast enough for all these things ), remember people upgrade their hardware = new key
          /SOS/
          XP Pro, CF 2.0-newest| Pioneer HU with 7" flip-out (EQ, Surround)
          Epia V10000 + nVidia FX5200, Opus 150w, 7" Lilliput, DVD* SlotIn, Wavelan, Bluetooth, GPS, WebCams, DVB-T

Comment

yeah, carpc's are extremely vulnerable to being upgraded & rebuilt much more than standard desktops..., activation could be a good way to approach this, but I think alot of the times, these upgrade/rebuilds are forced, & in being such, there may not be the possibility of deactivating the prior to reactivate the new.....

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
              yeah, carpc's are extremely vulnerable to being upgraded & rebuilt much more than standard desktops..., activation could be a good way to approach this, but I think alot of the times, these upgrade/rebuilds are forced, & in being such, there may not be the possibility of deactivating the prior to reactivate the new.....
              This is why I said we are giving some breathing room with this... I'm not outlining the details, but it shouldn't be a problem unless it's being abused...

david

Comment

...well, that's good enough for me then thank you....

Comment

Working...
                X