Error.log when running 1.7 on TinyXP rev.4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error.log when running 1.7 on TinyXP rev.4

I tried install 1.6 on TinyXP rev.4 few months ago and it was unsuccessfull install... when someone wrote here that he has the same problem I knew probably something is missing in TinyXP. But now I tried 1.7 (just to try) and install was successfull. When I run Centrafuse the wizard for setup appears and even if I leave everything default, there are no icons displayed (just blank buttons). When I restart Centrafuse setup wizard appears again.

Framework is installed correctly, so I am not sure what else Centrafuse needs to run properly.

I am attaching error.log

Uros
    Attached Files
    System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
    USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
    Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
    Honda delSol project
    CarDomain

Hmm, I was getting same symptoms (no icons and buttons did not work), when I was trying to install CF 1.7 on nLited XP with minlogon.

I then put original winlogon.exe back and now it works.

Comment

The problem you describe has occured for a few people including myself. I am using a regular XP install. So this is definitely not particular to TinyXP.
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

I gave up on CF and Tiny.

Lots of components missing that will cause error after error, best use regular XP
        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

I am still trying with TinyXP and Centrafuse. Today I installed TinyXP Best (666) edition I have to say, man it's fast Centrafuse was RC2, but still unsuccessful. The same problem as with 1.7 in TinyXP rev4... setup wizard appears, when you finish all steps, no buttons are displayed. After restarting Centrafuse, setup wizard appears again.

There is also new edition of TinyXP rev.5 - it is a little larger, maybe I should try that one too And I am also downloading TinyXP Vista Edition (i will not give up

David, you solved the problem with "blank buttons" in RC2.1, do you think there is any possiblity it should solve the problem on TinyXP also?

I am attaching error.log from RC2 and TinyXP Beast (666 - hell fast) edition

Uros
          Attached Files
          System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
          Honda delSol project
          CarDomain

Comment

blank buttons is XP failing to parse XML files properly

Or ofcourse, and error in the XML file
            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Does anyone have a clue what is left out in an NLite'd XP or TinyXP install that causes this problem? Going back to full xp for the time being, but would really like to go with a 'lighter' XP on my CarPC

Comment

same problem. Tiny XP rev05

This windows is just sweet but stayed up last night till 4 am trying to install cf 1.7rc2 but now i know it's not just me :S
                2005 S40 2.0D - Sport Body Kit
                Ipod 100%
                Carpc 95%

Comment

Ok, here it is the list of everything that was stripped out of this version:

http://rapidshare.de/files/32451532/...ssion.ini.html

I already reinstalled firewire and pcmcia (needed them), what else should i reinstall?
                  2005 S40 2.0D - Sport Body Kit
                  Ipod 100%
                  Carpc 95%

Comment

XP Pro Full

That'll fix it
                    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

I tried with RC3 but still no luck It doesn't work on TinyXP rev2, rev4, rev5, beast edition, neither 1.7, RC2, RC3... probably I will give up soon

Today I will try TinyXP Vista Edition... if it won't work, I give up
                      Honda delSol project
                      CarDomain

Comment

Ok, RC3 works on TinyXP Vista Edition, but is seems slower than normal Windows XP... installation is big, a lot of programs installed, I would not call it "tiny"
                        I am installing regular Windows XP Pro Edition right now (without any service pack), I also decided to go on FAT32. I will disable some process I don't need manually and hopefully I get performance I want
                        Honda delSol project
                        CarDomain

Comment

man you've been busy haven't you?
                          NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Ok, I've installed regular WinXP without any SP and when installation was finished I've tried to install latest Via Epia drivers... unsuccessful. Ok, I decided to go on WinXP SP2 that I am using in my car for months and works like a dream, but before that I wanted to check if there exist some XP optimization tweaks (just for fun, even if I damage XP
                            And I've found 2FastXP topic here on mp3car... in short... here I am attaching utility, that tweaks regular XP SP2 to that level that after reboot - Windows are using only 45 MB of RAM Lot of services are disabled... a lot of tweaks enabled... and Centrafuse RC3 is working - check it out!

But I am not responsible if something will stop working... I am in the middle of fresh installation of regular Windows XP SP2... after it finished... I install latest drivers for Via and run this script I will report again I am happy now... after few XP installations finally something that is working
                            Attached Files
                            Honda delSol project
                            CarDomain

Comment

Nice find! Will try this tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X