Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with 1.7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Issue with 1.7

    Well my license expired with 1.6 so I downloaded 1.7 and installed it. The main issue I am having is with the volume. I use the creative audigy nx usb for my audio. Whenever in centrafuse I try to use the volume up or down it will freeze and not work everytime.

    Another issue is that I was messing with centrafuse trying to fix the volume thing and while reinstalling centrafuse my computer froze so I had to restart. When I try to restart the installation it will just freeze and I cant uninstall it because it didn't install the uninstaller. I tried removing the directory no luck it tries to restart install then it freezes. So how can I completely remove centrafuse manually?
    2006 Subaru Sti
    Lilliput 7", M10000, M2 PSU, 80GB, DVD ROM/CDRW, Audigy 2 NX

  • #2
    Originally posted by EpRiDaZ View Post
    Well my license expired with 1.6 so I downloaded 1.7 and installed it. The main issue I am having is with the volume. I use the creative audigy nx usb for my audio. Whenever in centrafuse I try to use the volume up or down it will freeze and not work everytime.

    Another issue is that I was messing with centrafuse trying to fix the volume thing and while reinstalling centrafuse my computer froze so I had to restart. When I try to restart the installation it will just freeze and I cant uninstall it because it didn't install the uninstaller. I tried removing the directory no luck it tries to restart install then it freezes. So how can I completely remove centrafuse manually?

    The volume issue has been fixed... The new release will be out soon, just have two more bugs to fix and to run through it with a couple of people to make sure I don't release another version with a stupid bug like the RC2 volume bug...

    Not sure about your other issue... If the install didn't finish, all it did was create and copy files to the installation directory, so you should be able to just delete this... I don't use the registry and the DLL registration stuff is at the very end...

    Not sure why your system hung during install, never seen or heard of this before... Sounds like something might be wrong with your Windows. Are you running XP? Maybe information on the web about uninstalling partially installed application in XP, I have no idea...

    Worse case reformat I guess...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by veetid View Post
      The volume issue has been fixed... The new release will be out soon, just have two more bugs to fix and to run through it with a couple of people to make sure I don't release another version with a stupid bug like the RC2 volume bug...

      Not sure about your other issue... If the install didn't finish, all it did was create and copy files to the installation directory, so you should be able to just delete this... I don't use the registry and the DLL registration stuff is at the very end...

      Not sure why your system hung during install, never seen or heard of this before... Sounds like something might be wrong with your Windows. Are you running XP? Maybe information on the web about uninstalling partially installed application in XP, I have no idea...

      Worse case reformat I guess...

      david
      How long until the new release? It really sucks without centrafuse.
      2006 Subaru Sti
      Lilliput 7", M10000, M2 PSU, 80GB, DVD ROM/CDRW, Audigy 2 NX

      Comment


      • #4
        Also the installation did get to the very end then froze. Could you tell me what entries the uninstaller would take out of the registry also everything else I need to remove centrafuse besides the directory?
        2006 Subaru Sti
        Lilliput 7", M10000, M2 PSU, 80GB, DVD ROM/CDRW, Audigy 2 NX

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EpRiDaZ View Post
          Also the installation did get to the very end then froze. Could you tell me what entries the uninstaller would take out of the registry also everything else I need to remove centrafuse besides the directory?
          There are no entries added by Centrafuse in the registry, but I do believe windows MSI installers add some information about the installation...

          The only thing other than manually deleting the directory is you might try to "
          "regsvr32 /u DestSDK.dll" in the installation folder. If might fail since all files did not copy and tell you it was never registered.

          Then attemp to reinstall, but it sounds like something is wrong with your windows setup. What are you running, Windows XP? Your system is not nLited or TinXP is it?

          david
          __________________
          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

          Comment


          • #6
            I thought David said that CF doesn't use the registry.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EpRiDaZ View Post
              How long until the new release? It really sucks without centrafuse.
              I know and I'm sorry... I fixing the last couple of bugs and then running through a round of internal testing...

              That sticky button issue set me back literally 2 weeks

              Back on schedule now....

              david
              __________________
              CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
              01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
              M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by veetid View Post
                I know and I'm sorry... I fixing the last couple of bugs and then running through a round of internal testing...

                That sticky button issue set me back literally 2 weeks

                Back on schedule now....

                david

                Awesome! I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to the new Nav engine.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by veetid View Post
                  There are no entries added by Centrafuse in the registry, but I do believe windows MSI installers add some information about the installation...

                  The only thing other than manually deleting the directory is you might try to "
                  "regsvr32 /u DestSDK.dll" in the installation folder. If might fail since all files did not copy and tell you it was never registered.

                  Then attemp to reinstall, but it sounds like something is wrong with your windows setup. What are you running, Windows XP? Your system is not nLited or TinXP is it?

                  david
                  No its windows xp pro. I am going to try some other ways tomorrow maybe system restore will fix it possibly. The copy of windows is running fine it just froze because during the install I was messing with other things thats why it froze.
                  2006 Subaru Sti
                  Lilliput 7", M10000, M2 PSU, 80GB, DVD ROM/CDRW, Audigy 2 NX

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EpRiDaZ View Post
                    No its windows xp pro. I am going to try some other ways tomorrow maybe system restore will fix it possibly. The copy of windows is running fine it just froze because during the install I was messing with other things thats why it froze.
                    I see... There might be 3rd party better uninstall programs, I know I have had to use them on WM5 PDA devices...

                    We personally do not write anything to the registry, but the MSI installer does do things to the system and the failed install is causing some issue so that you cannot reinstall...

                    A restore point prior to the failure should solve your problem...

                    david
                    __________________
                    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by veetid View Post
                      I know and I'm sorry... I fixing the last couple of bugs and then running through a round of internal testing...

                      That sticky button issue set me back literally 2 weeks

                      Back on schedule now....

                      david
                      Well, my carputer had to be restarted due to some strange lockup, and sure enough, v 1.4 has expired. I can't agree more, totally awful not to have a usable working version of CF. Here comes the angry mob!

                      Sorry, just had to use that new emoticon LOL!!
                      2002 Honda CR-V
                      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                      Spent so far: $1105.90


                      Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                      ...or even Listen to my music

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by veetid View Post
                        I see... There might be 3rd party better uninstall programs, I know I have had to use them on WM5 PDA devices...

                        We personally do not write anything to the registry, but the MSI installer does do things to the system and the failed install is causing some issue so that you cannot reinstall...

                        A restore point prior to the failure should solve your problem...

                        david
                        Yep thats what im going to do. Keep us posted on the new version because I am suffering without centrafuse right now.
                        2006 Subaru Sti
                        Lilliput 7", M10000, M2 PSU, 80GB, DVD ROM/CDRW, Audigy 2 NX

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's coming as soon as possible, working extra hard now and only have two small bugs to fix and some quick internal testing.... Here I am working on Labor Day for you guys

                          I released more LIC files for older versions than I was advised too by everyone in our company and others, simply because it's just not how you run a Beta testing program, but I wanted to give back to the community...

                          I know this upsets some people and I hate that, it was not my intent, but this a Beta tesing program, not downloading stable finished software that you install and run forever... If that is what you are looking for, then this is not the place for you right now...

                          Without allowing the old versions to expire, you never get your new versions, no matter how bad some may think they are, tested.... This is not bad business, but real world software beta testing.

                          Some complain about the timeframes, but this is just the time frame for the release of our retail version.

                          Some had the feeling they got their setups working with old versions that they liked and wanted them to run forever, but that is not a Beta, that is finished software product, or an open source project. These are both available for users right here on these forums and if that is what you want and need, I fully support you moving onto these products....

                          Inititially everyone in our, and yes small, company didn't want their to be any public Beta testing, but I was an enthusiast on these forums and insisted on it because I wanted to give back to the community... I hope some can respect that....

                          I'm going to close this thread just so no flaming starts up. Everyone please remember that this forum is for reporting feature requests and bugs with Centrafuse the software as a Beta tester of the program, and that is all it is for, not venting and acting like an angry child. These posts will just be deleted because it just hurts the quality of the of the forums, which is meant to be about bugs and features of the application, not peoples personal journals...

                          thanks for all the support and RC2.1 (now known as RC3) will be released soon... I hope to finish the remaining items tonight and send it out for some internal testing so as to not have another terrible bug like the sticky button bug in RC2...

                          david
                          __________________
                          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X