Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good way to send keypress/command upon resume?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good way to send keypress/command upon resume?

I'm just thinking of this as a temporary fix for my situation. CF will NOT resume play from midtrack after hibernation in my setup. Never has. RR does it just fine, but with CF I need to either skip forward or back to the beginning of the track upon resume.

This irritates me and I'd like to fix it (particularly when I listen to 2-hour long live single track sets) but I like CF so much better than RR that I'd settle for just FORCING it to hit "skip back" upon resume every time and start the song over again (since that's what I have to do manually every time I get in the car).

Is there a simple way to do this? Just throw a Ctrl-B out as soon as it resumes from hibernate?

Do you really need to press 'forward' or 'back'? Doesn't 'play/pause' do the trick, to continue the current track?

It's not that hard, to write a small programm, which runs in the background and send keystrokes when resuming. I'm not a professional coder, but I wrote a little driver for my steering-wheel-usb-box. It's all in it, what's needed. I can write this, if you don't find a better coder

Comment

Originally posted by Sachmet View Post
      Do you really need to press 'forward' or 'back'? Doesn't 'play/pause' do the trick, to continue the current track?
      No, play/pause would be great because that would resume where I left off. The only thing I can think of is that the system "loses" that channel of audio upon hibernate/resume. Restarting the track seems to open a new channel, so it works. Buttonpress sounds work too, as does everything else. The track that was playing originally just disappears (though the counter keeps ticking).

I have no knowledge of how to code something like this; I was thinking maybe a simple macro could do the job but I wouldn't know how to run it "within" CF or to direct its keystroke output into the CF application. I have for the moment just set up my volume control wheel to skip tracks forward/back if I hold it down and turn it. This is a pretty easy way to wake things up when I restart the car for now, I guess.

Comment

Search around the forum for "autoit", people have made scripts for this already.
        2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns View Post
          Search around the forum for "autoit", people have made scripts for this already.

Thanks! I'll check it out immediately!

Comment

Working...
          X