Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My CF Final wishes!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My CF Final wishes!!

    Ok.. I wanted to write some of the things I wished would be included in the final version.... I'm talking about final final and not the first commerical release. Just some thoughts!

    1) So far the main reason why people are using CF is to play MUSIC in their car. So almost at all times everyone is playing music through CF. You have already created an AMAZING and helpfull GUI w/ lots of music options.. Well now that people are making more and more plugins and such we are not only playing music but also doing other things.. Our screens are very tiny also.. The thing I wish would happen is change the full screen buttons.



    See how at the top you can change the songs/edit the volume? Something like this gives us some media control while we are doing other things. I think all apps and plugins should be full screen since our screens are sooo small already. So with any plugin or app (Web, Navagation.. ect) this would be really really nice and thats why its #1

    2) I wish we could add more icons to the top right. That would be really sweet if people could make plugins and take 3rd party apps and use the icon that would be in the system tray in the top right like some icons already are. If it was made easy to add icons people would be able to really customize their CF and we could KNOW the app is running.

    3) I wish someone would create some pluging to transfer music to the system from like a USB or some sort.

    4) Also to disable the auto USB scan. I use my phone for internet and everytime I connect it it scans it. Would be nice to disable.

    5) Proxy support. Not going into IE and changing it but an option in the internet for proxy support. Things like weather or anything else. So a master proxy would be nice.

    6) Some way to edit the music. Something very simple. Like if I come across some file named wrong I could hit a button just change the name to what it really is.

    7) Save/Export our favorite list. Helps when we gata reformat or update.

    8) Maybe a 2x favorite list. Click it once to add a Star. Click it again to add a heart. I could tag all my favorite country with a star and other pop with a heart. That would be sweet.

    9) Hire justintime or make him a rep! lol Just becouse I wonder how many people are thinking about switching to CF and then runs across one of his skins/apps and decides to switch to CF for life! hehe

    So again these are just wishes for the Final version in the next 1-2 years I'm guessing. Wishes because the bug list is always #1!

    Anyone else started to save money for CF like I have? "Nope can't go out tonight. All I have is 5$ and I havent put anything away for CF yet. Sorry!"

  • #2
    Oh yea.. I forgot one
    10) Change the VIDEO icons to something else. Its pretty hard to read the tiny tiny text of what each video.. almost impossible during the day because of the sun. My suggestion is change it to Gaint Text instead of thumbnails or the best option.. something like this..

    Comment


    • #3
      A wish for me would be to include buttons on the OSK to enter "www" and ".com" when entering a URL in the brower. I realize that the OSK real estate may be all used up, but the way it is sure does require a lot of extra keystrokes.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kbreeden View Post
        A wish for me would be to include buttons on the OSK to enter "www" and ".com" when entering a URL in the brower. I realize that the OSK real estate may be all used up, but the way it is sure does require a lot of extra keystrokes.
        websites these days shouldn't make you enter the www anyway, I hate website that make you...

        I wish there was space for .com, .org, and .net though...

        when we redesign, but currently there is no room... I already need room for backspace keystroke sent to applications, line break for sending to applications, and at least two more characters for other languages...

        david
        __________________
        CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
        01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
        M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by veetid View Post
          but currently there is no room...

          david
          I figured it would be there if you had room. No biggie.

          Since we're on the topic of wish lists, I'll again throw in my wish for the ability to sort the open playlist. Really all that would be important to me is the ability to randomize the playlist. I usually listen to very large playlists (6,000 +) using the random play feature. As such, I never know what song is coming up next. It would be nice if I could sort the playlist into random order and then turn off random play so that I can see the songs that will be coming up. I suppose others might like the ability to sort alphabetically and numerically also, but that's not particularly important to me.

          I'm aware that your focus is to get out an official release and you're not adding any new features until that's done, but maybe you could give playlist sorting capability some thought for a future version.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kbreeden View Post
            I figured it would be there if you had room. No biggie.

            Since we're on the topic of wish lists, I'll again throw in my wish for the ability to sort the open playlist. Really all that would be important to me is the ability to randomize the playlist. I usually listen to very large playlists (6,000 +) using the random play feature. As such, I never know what song is coming up next. It would be nice if I could sort the playlist into random order and then turn off random play so that I can see the songs that will be coming up. I suppose others might like the ability to sort alphabetically and numerically also, but that's not particularly important to me.

            I'm aware that your focus is to get out an official release and you're not adding any new features until that's done, but maybe you could give playlist sorting capability some thought for a future version.
            for sure... I have always wanted multiple sorting options on all list views...

            it will be added as soon as I can...

            david
            __________________
            CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
            01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
            M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

            Comment


            • #7
              Is it possible that true IPOD support could be a possibility in the future? Something that uses the ipod as an external harddrive and reads the playlists and songs. That would be my one wish for centrafuse because I have a bigger hard drive on my ipod and would love to "plug" into its capabilities

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by veetid View Post
                websites these days shouldn't make you enter the www anyway, I hate website that make you...

                I wish there was space for .com, .org, and .net though...

                when we redesign, but currently there is no room... I already need room for backspace keystroke sent to applications, line break for sending to applications, and at least two more characters for other languages...

                david
                You could make it go to a generic page if no rootdomain is entered.

                For example:

                I type in: "xtronic" (without .be) + enter

                it sees there is no rootdomain in the entered url and diplays a page/menu with some buttons:

                - .com -
                - .org -
                - .net -

                etc..

                You click one of 'em and it takes you to the desired site.

                Just a thought...
                List of front-ends/usefull apps
                XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JC-S60 View Post
                  You could make it go to a generic page if no rootdomain is entered.

                  For example:

                  I type in: "xtronic" (without .be) + enter

                  it sees there is no rootdomain in the entered url and diplays a page/menu with some buttons:

                  - .com -
                  - .org -
                  - .net -

                  etc..

                  You click one of 'em and it takes you to the desired site.

                  Just a thought...
                  not a bad idea...

                  david
                  __________________
                  CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                  01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                  M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good idea JC.
                    What about that last one would be available to set in settings. So you could have the most used like .si for me.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X