Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm assuming centrafuse will not always be free. Pricing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm assuming centrafuse will not always be free. Pricing?

    I'm in the final stages of building a car pc. I have all the hardware installed, the OS is setup, and now I'm browsing the front ends.

    Centrafuse seems to be the most polished, all-inclusive solution for a car pc.

    The only problem is all this licensing, expiration, etc.

    I will be using a compact flash card as my boot drive. Once I get everything setup and situated, I will be securing the computer in my vehicle. It would be a HUGE hassle to have to bring the computer back in the house, and have to re-do my compact flash card every couple of months.

    So how is the pricing going to be? Can I purchase a license now and get it over with, and never have to worry about it?

    Thanks for the info!

  • #2
    Originally posted by mattress View Post
    I'm in the final stages of building a car pc. I have all the hardware installed, the OS is setup, and now I'm browsing the front ends.

    Centrafuse seems to be the most polished, all-inclusive solution for a car pc.

    The only problem is all this licensing, expiration, etc.

    I will be using a compact flash card as my boot drive. Once I get everything setup and situated, I will be securing the computer in my vehicle. It would be a HUGE hassle to have to bring the computer back in the house, and have to re-do my compact flash card every couple of months.

    So how is the pricing going to be? Can I purchase a license now and get it over with, and never have to worry about it?

    Thanks for the info!
    as soon as all the current bugs are worked out and the last couple crucial features are finished, we will be releasing a commerical version...

    hopefully not too long...

    I should have RC4.1 out soon addressing most all reported issues...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

    Comment


    • #3
      ...your not the only one who can't wait to be able to actually BUY it & OWN it... the feeling of temporariness right now is a big issue, along with the constant changes.... it'll be here soon enough though.... man, davids servers will get hit up bigtime on THAT day
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

      first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

      Comment


      • #4
        I guess I'm not the only one that thinks this front end is probably the most polished and professional.

        I'm kinda new to the front end scene.. It looks like the alternatives ... (road runner, media engine, frodoplayer) all rely on 3rd party apps for DVD playback, music playback, and navigation, etc. I'm sure this gets messy with embedding applications, etc..

        Do you have any information on pricing for the different packages? This will tell me if I will stick around for the final piece of software, or just move on to another software package.

        Thanks for your help david, and great job on the application!

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, some of us here, that try to contribute as good as we can are also afraid, that we won't be able to afford the final version since there is no info whatsoever about expected pricing. I do like CF and am using it every day in my car, but if the price will be too high on the final product (and the only version useful to me would be the one with Destinator included, which would be the most expensive one), I'll just be forced to look at alternatives then...

          Comment


          • #6
            i wouldn't be supprised if the XLE version would be about 200-300 euro's/dollars.. because it includes maps etc... and this is the kind of prices tomtom charges.
            my destinator map resource down permanently

            Comment


            • #7
              Pricing....

              Umm...

              I guess 100 would be my est too !

              I have allready purchased dest 6 (PN) so i can use the maps with CF...

              Seems a good idea to offer a discounted version without maps.....

              I have done nearly 40k with CF (since some graspy fagen nicked my tom tom) and I love it... (bug's 'n' all)
              Davids a Hero..... Keep up the good work

              Steve...

              PS some sort of nav log with dest & times would make filling out my time sheets a breeze.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by White 'van' Man View Post
                Umm...

                I guess 100 would be my est too !

                I have allready purchased dest 6 (PN) so i can use the maps with CF...

                Seems a good idea to offer a discounted version without maps.....

                I have done nearly 40k with CF (since some graspy fagen nicked my tom tom) and I love it... (bug's 'n' all)
                Davids a Hero..... Keep up the good work

                Steve...

                PS some sort of nav log with dest & times would make filling out my time sheets a breeze.....
                He can't sell the destinator version without maps.. Destinator does not allow this...
                my destinator map resource down permanently

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GReeToZ View Post
                  i wouldn't be supprised if the XLE version would be about 200-300 euro's/dollars.. because it includes maps etc... and this is the kind of prices tomtom charges.
                  I'm fine with this with maps included - Destinator itself is somewhere in the 150eur range. Dunno how high David'll go though - and this is what we're all wondering... surely I know his work is worth quite something, but...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i'd expect it to be about $300-$400 australian
                    Planning {[][][][][][][][][][]} 100%
                    Funding {[][][][][][][][][][]} 100%
                    Construction {[][][][][][][][][][]} 60%

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X