No announcement yet.

Run Batch When Connecting to Internet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Batch When Connecting to Internet?

I have my CF setup to connect to my phone (tether) for Internet, but the thing is the phone goes to DORMANT after like 15 seconds of no activity and I can't get the connection back. It seems a good way to overcome this is to ping the connection, but I would need to make a batch file to do this and have it run when I connect to the Internet. Would this be possible to integrate into CF? Or maybe I could just leave it running (pinging) all the time - would that work after hibernating, etc.? Just kinda thinking outloud here while at work...

Thanks
    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
    Teardown PC [100%]
    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Originally posted by fatejd View Post
    I have my CF setup to connect to my phone (tether) for Internet, but the thing is the phone goes to DORMANT after like 15 seconds of no activity and I can't get the connection back. It seems a good way to overcome this is to ping the connection, but I would need to make a batch file to do this and have it run when I connect to the Internet. Would this be possible to integrate into CF? Or maybe I could just leave it running (pinging) all the time - would that work after hibernating, etc.? Just kinda thinking outloud here while at work...

Thanks
    A simple non-GUI plugin could be written and placed in the folder to constantly ping...

david

Comment

I'll look into that - thanks
      Carputer Progress:

Teardown PC [100%]

Comment

Well, I just ran cmd > ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t and it continues to run without my phone connected and after hibernating, so that will work. Now I just need to make a batch file and run that on each startup or work on integrating it (seems to much trouble to me though).
        Carputer Progress:

Teardown PC [100%]

Comment

Working...
        X