Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No rear speaker signal when resume from standby

Hi!

I think this is not directly a CF bug or problem, but general thing in Windows drivers. I have Via Epia EN15000 with latest audio drivers (6.70b). Smart 5.1 is enabled, because I am using 2 lines out for speakers (front and rear-sub). When I resume from Standby I always have to go in Vinyl EQ program and reselect 6-speaker configuration if I want to get signal on rear out. Smart 5.1 stays checked but there is not output on rear.

Any ideas?

I've also figured out that it is better to use Center/LFE output for subwoofer because in case I have it connected to rear output (middle connector), I hear interruptions (specially when I am copying some data) - I hear how hard disc reads/writes) through the sub. When using Center/LFE interruptions are minimal comparing to rear out. I don't know why...

Uros
    System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
    USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
    Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
    Honda delSol project
    CarDomain

No one else with the same problem?
    System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
    Honda delSol project
    CarDomain

Comment

Hello Uros,
      (didn't see this post before)

Yes I face this problem from time to time, but since I rarely standby/hibernate the pc (always shut down) I didn't look deeply into this issue..

It is faced by several EN15000 users.. this is what I read in viaarena's forum

I will let you know if I figure out how to solve it..

cheer,s
      VIA EN15000 C7 // CTF700 7" Screen // Morex 3688 Black Case
      M2-ATX // 80GB HD
      DVD-RW // PowerMate
      Belkin Bluetooth V1.2 // Hauppauge WinTV FM

Centrafuse RC5

JBL GTO 75.4 520W // Pionneer Kevlar 260w Speakers

Comment

Thanks!
        Honda delSol project
        CarDomain

Comment

Uros,
          did you try to Unable/Enable the Vinyl Deck using "Hibernate Trigger" ?
          It might solve the problem...

http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/index.html

keep me posted
          VIA EN15000 C7 // CTF700 7" Screen // Morex 3688 Black Case
          M2-ATX // 80GB HD
          DVD-RW // PowerMate
          Belkin Bluetooth V1.2 // Hauppauge WinTV FM

Centrafuse RC5

JBL GTO 75.4 520W // Pionneer Kevlar 260w Speakers

Comment

I've heard for this program, but tell me, what should I write in Command Line of the program? Is there any special "switch" or only Vinyl exe file?
            Honda delSol project
            CarDomain

Comment

Hi all,

Have also got EPIA EN15000 and had same issue as you have mentioned above.
              I seem to have found a way around it...

After you resume from hibernation, you kill the ADeck process. Once that has been done, restart ADeck. It will kick the 5.1 sound back into gear and hey presto - all working again. The ADeck util should also stay out of sight, so that is good.

Since this is a real pain, I have made a little utility that will do the job all in one step. For those using Centrafuse, I have also added an Install.bat file which will copy files required and update Centrafuse so it all just works.

Not sure about RR - not using that, but am sure it can be adapted.

Note that the Util requires DOT NET 2.0. If this is a problem, I can recompile in DOT NET 1.1 if need be.

You can get the zipped files from my site here:
              http://www.hybridproject.net/VIAADeckRebootFix.zip

PS: Site is a little slow at times - be paitent - thankfully it is a small zip file...

I hope this helps peoples out with this anoying issue... :P
              >>> MR2 AW11 / Karmeleon Project in AU >>> http://www.hybridproject.net

Comment

If possible, it would be great to get this compiled for Framework 1.1!
                Honda delSol project
                CarDomain

Comment

Sure urosbe - easy done.

Have quickly compiled this version before I head out, so note that I have not extensively tested it - but the code is virtually the same under 1.1 and the only real change was for the code that tells you how to use the tool when you request it from the command line: (eg: VIAADeckReboot/? )

Compiled with Dot Net 1.1 with SP1 -
                  Let me know how it goes - glad I could help

Here is the new link:
                  http://www.hybridproject.net/VIAADeckRebootFix_1_1.zip

Comment

Great! Thanks! I will let you know!
                    Honda delSol project
                    CarDomain

Comment

Omen: it works! I just wonder if there is any option to hide "command prompt" window everytime hibernate resumes (centrafuse shows)?
                      Honda delSol project
                      CarDomain

Comment

Woohoo! Very cool!

Yea, working on that one - I will try to get you another version without prompt. Will work on that over the next day or two and pop a new version up and let you know.

Glad I could help out

Comment

Any news on this maybe?

I would also like to know if it is the same at your setup... when your app start, I hear loud "pop" sound from the sub woofer. It was the same before if I clicked on Adeck "5.1 speakers". Probably there is no simple solution for this, becase amps are already ON.

Uros
                          Honda delSol project
                          CarDomain

Comment

Omen: I have just installed new CF RC5 and latest audio drivers (6.80b) for EN15000 - and guess what - your program is not needed any more I hibernate/resume and sound from rear channel is present

Before that I had 6.70b and I was using your program to solve the problem.
                            Honda delSol project
                            CarDomain

Comment

Hi Urosbe
                              Hey, that is cool. I have just installed RC5 as well and the new 6.80b drivers, and initially, had same problem. Will re-test thou - might have just been when I intially have set up.
                              Thanks for the note - glad it is working again - will re-test for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X