New Release RC4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Release RC4.1

RC4.1 is ready for download. This version must be obtained by downloading, un-installing previous versions, and re-installing.

Download from the website:

http://www.fluxmedia.net/downloads.aspx

Read the release notes for all the changes and additions in RC4.1

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88503

Read the known issues and future features before posting your bugs or requests.

Known Issues:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

Future Features:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82652

Do not post bugs in this thread. Post bugs in the appropriate bugs threads.

david

Sweet Cant wait to test!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

I thought we would be able to live update from now on?

WHat happens if I simply drop my old config System files etc into the new 4.1 intsall? Will CF know to add new XML tags where appropriate in the Options XML files etc? (I know there are a few changes).

Also, how would THAT work via live update? (always wondered).
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime View Post
        I thought we would be able to live update from now on?

WHat happens if I simply drop my old config System files etc into the new 4.1 intsall? Will CF know to add new XML tags where appropriate in the Options XML files etc? (I know there are a few changes).

Also, how would THAT work via live update? (always wondered).
        Working on that... Also the reason for no live update is the DRM playback, it required multiple steps that needed a new install...

The next release will include a windows service that monitors music folders, so it will most likely require an install as well...

Then hopefully after that we will be able to use the updater...

david

Comment

Nice one, something to do to CarPC now

only getting ~3kb/s though
          My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
          NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Cool!! going to install it as soon as possible... Just one question, when is the TMC/RDS funtion going to be added to the navigation? to route around trafficjams etc. As i didn't see it in the future features.

edit: same question for real "speedcam" intergration i know there is a way but it isn't as easy as in mapmonkey or did i totally mis something?
            my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Originally posted by GReeToZ View Post
              Cool!! going to install it as soon as possible... Just one question, when is the TMC/RDS funtion going to be added to the navigation? to route around trafficjams etc. As i didn't see it in the future features.

edit: same question for real "speedcam" intergration i know there is a way but it isn't as easy as in mapmonkey or did i totally mis something?
              working on both of these with Destinator... we are getting all the bugs out, then we will be adding these two features....

I already have an easy way to import the speed cam files by creating a favorites folder, then clicking "+". you will see import file option that will read in lat/long and build all the points.... Just waiting on Destinator to give me the options to make buttons to set whether to show that favorite folder on the map and/or alert...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                working on both of these with Destinator... we are getting all the bugs out, then we will be adding these two features....

I already have an easy way to import the speed cam files by creating a favorites folder, then clicking "+". you will see import file option that will read in lat/long and build all the points.... Just waiting on Destinator to give me the options to make buttons to set whether to show that favorite folder on the map and/or alert...

david
                oke great news keep up the good work! Offcourse i'll post any problems i encounter in the bug-thread.
                my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

David,

Support for Winamp DSP plugins is no longer shown on the future features list. You had said on a post a month or two ago that you were actually pretty far along on this. I sure hope its absence from the list was just an oversight.

Comment

Do we need any codecs installed cause certain albums of mine stammer and make the system very unresponsive... Or is that a DRM problem?
                    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by kbreeden View Post
                      David,

Support for Winamp DSP plugins is no longer shown on the future features list. You had said on a post a month or two ago that you were actually pretty far along on this. I sure hope its absence from the list was just an oversight.
                      not sure how that got removed, I added it back...

david

Comment

Originally posted by ShawJohn View Post
                        Do we need any codecs installed cause certain albums of mine stammer and make the system very unresponsive... Or is that a DRM problem?
                        you should not need any audio codecs and for video I just install FFDShow, AC3Filter, and a good mpeg2 codec such as WinDVD5...

david

Comment

not sure how that got removed, I added it back...

david
                          Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

Working on that... Also the reason for no live update is the DRM playback, it required multiple steps that needed a new install...

The next release will include a windows service that monitors music folders, so it will most likely require an install as well...
                            ARGH

Can you AT LEAST make it so that we can keep the previous config files and custom plugins? It's getting to be a real PITA to make a copy of the CF directory, use uninstall, delete the real CF directory, install CF, configure CF, drag the old plugins into the new CF, relearn CF about the plugins, reconfigure the buttons...

ARGH
                            :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                              ARGH

Can you AT LEAST make it so that we can keep the previous config files and custom plugins? It's getting to be a real PITA to make a copy of the CF directory, use uninstall, delete the real CF directory, install CF, configure CF, drag the old plugins into the new CF, relearn CF about the plugins, reconfigure the buttons...

ARGH
                              there were multiple additions to the config files in the main application and in the plugins, so be careful dragging over those...

you do have to run through setup again, it's pretty quick and easy... then drag over a couple of plugin folders...

I agree, but there was a lot that had to be done for the DRM, as well as the next version will have have an option to install a windows service to monitor the music folders for auto updating... after that I see updates via the updater finally being possible...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X