Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Requirements

hey CF users.......

A bit of a newbie question. What software does CF require apart from .net framework ? At this stage I only require the use of DVD and MP3 playback, I have read somewhere that i will require some form of DVD software installed, is this true?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by swiftly93 View Post
    hey CF users.......

A bit of a newbie question. What software does CF require apart from .net framework ? At this stage I only require the use of DVD and MP3 playback, I have read somewhere that i will require some form of DVD software installed, is this true?

Thanks in advance
    That is it...

Just Windows, .NET 1.1, and for DVD playback a good mpeg2 codec such as WinDVD... I usually also install FFDShow for playback of all other video formats like Divx, but you don't have too...

The commercial version will include an mpeg2 codec, just the current Beta versions do not, so with the commercial release all that will be required is .NET 1.1

david

Comment

Thanks for that.. much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
        That is it...

Just Windows, .NET 1.1, and for DVD playback a good mpeg2 codec such as WinDVD... I usually also install FFDShow for playback of all other video formats like Divx, but you don't have too...

The commercial version will include an mpeg2 codec, just the current Beta versions do not, so with the commercial release all that will be required is .NET 1.1

david
        Curious, who's MPEG2 are you going to use?
        We are, will have and forever will be...
        But not tommorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by AlienEclipse View Post
          Curious, who's MPEG2 are you going to use?
          Currently testing with WinDVD5, but have not locked into one just yet... testing multiple to find the best overall compatibility with hardware acceleration...

david

Comment

Working...
          X