gps and Xport3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps and Xport3

Ok, I have a problem, searched the forums, and found a sollution for my problem: Xport3
    but somehow it does not do what i want it to do.
    all i want is when i turn on my bluetooth gps, that my carpc finds it, and connects to it. now i allways have to enter the bluetooth password (0000) before it connects.
    I tried Xport3, and for as far i understand, it's suposed to go like this:
    i install xport, set the incomming port to the port my gps's data comes in (com3) and chose an outgoing (ex com7)
    then i set com7 in CF to my gps port.
    right?
    at first this used to work, now it doesn't anymore, but even when i get that to work, my gps does not automaticly connect when i turn it on (still have to enter the 0000 password)
    how do i solve this?
    so when i turn on my gps (after or not after hibernation) my gps automaticly connects to my carpc, and i can start using my gps, without enterring any password

Greetz

Dj NRG

Originally posted by Dj-[NRG] View Post
    I tried Xport3, and for as far i understand, it's suposed to go like this:
    i install xport, set the incomming port to the port my gps's data comes in (com3) and chose an outgoing (ex com7)
    then i set com7 in CF to my gps port.
    right?
    I can't resolve your password issue (maybe this is something that David needs to add in CF?) but Xport3 exists so that you can share a serial device to multiple applications.

For example, I use it so that both WiFiHopper and MS MapPoint can see the GPS. In that example, my GPS shows up on COM3, then I use Xport3 to create virtual COM ports 6 & 7. From there, I have WiFiHopper set to read from COM6, and MapPoint reads from COM7.
    :: Mark

Comment

For bluetooth devices to automatically connect, you need to authorize it or set it to not request confirmation. It depends on what BT stack you are using.

Comment

thx for the answers... will look into my BT settings to let it automaticly connect...

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

Working...
        X