Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Centrafuse Release RC5

RC5 is ready for download.

It must be obtained by downloading, un-installing previous versions, and re-installing.

Download from the website:

http://www.fluxmedia.net/downloads.aspx

Read the release notes for all the changes and additions in RC5

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93737

Read the known issues and future features before posting your bugs or requests.

Known Issues:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

Future Features:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93738

Do not post bugs in this thread. Post bugs in the following thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93739

david

is there gonna be an updater for this one? i just put 4.4 in like 2 days ago

Comment

More Buttons?

How hard is it to be able to expand the number of buttons from what seems to be 'hard wired' at 18 now?

TIA
      bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_jon View Post
        is there gonna be an updater for this one? i just put 4.4 in like 2 days ago
        Nope. Note the thread that David closed after Justin took David to task for not having one, and then note in the Official Bugs Thread where I had a shot at him.

Not many folks are too happy right now...
        :: Mark

Comment

i've noticed that it's a trial version, when will the full version come out?

Comment

FYI, the Square characters issue, as well as the Genre commas, are explained and resolved in This Thread!
            2002 Honda CR-V
            Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
            Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
            ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by vile10 View Post
              i've noticed that it's a trial version, when will the full version come out?
              That's the 2nd most asked question on the forum... no one knows. (the most popular question is "how much will it cost when it's released?")

We're all in a very extended beta cycle right now. David's releasing new versions about one every three weeks. There have been 10 releases in the last 7 months or so. Things are getting closer, but there are still bugs.

Don't let its "Trial" status scare you - CF is very usable, and the "trial" expiration is far down the road.

Comment

Awesome David,
                You sure Knocked out the bug list
                CENTRAFUSE From Flux Media
                The Ultimate Infotainment Interface
                Download V1.20 from there site now!!!!
                Download the new 2.0 RC1 From here Linky

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                  That's the 2nd most asked question on the forum... no one knows. (the most popular question is "how much will it cost when it's released?")

We're all in a very extended beta cycle right now. David's releasing new versions about one every three weeks. There have been 10 releases in the last 7 months or so. Things are getting closer, but there are still bugs.

Don't let its "Trial" status scare you - CF is very usable, and the "trial" expiration is far down the road.
                  i understand that, however, it's just kind of hassle to have to download the latest version that often, and as you mentioned, 10 releases in the last 7 months (sorry for being super lazy)

now, back to the top most popular question, i know the price's not fixed, but would we be looking at close to a price of a nav. software itself? (consider the standard version)

Comment

i understand that, however, it's just kind of hassle to have to download the latest version that often, and as you mentioned, 10 releases in the last 7 months (sorry for being super lazy)
                    No sorries needed, especially when the vast majority of those releases have required a complete uninstall, delete and reinstall.

now, back to the top most popular question, i know the price's not fixed, but would we be looking at close to a price of a nav. software itself? (consider the standard version)
                    Well, one thing that we do know is that the "full" version (so, with all the maps) is said to be _less_ than buying the stand-alone Destinator. (I think that's how it was worded) btw, one thing down these lines is a suggestion to NOT buy Destinator now thinking that you'll be able to use those maps with CF. They don't/won't work.

David's at CES this week, so any official response from him will be slow in coming.

Comment

i thought the current version works pretty well with iGuidance, co-pilot, etc....are they going to change it?

Comment

i thought the current version works pretty well with iGuidance, co-pilot, etc....are they going to change it?
                        ??? Umm, the nav system that's _bundled_ with CF is Destinator, which is what my comments above were referring to. Past that, yes, CF works well with other nav systems - for example, I use it with MapPoint.

Comment

D6 maps should work with Centrafuse and we are close to getting Destinator to allow us to ship SE/XE with the trial maps just like the current trials have been released, no special compiled maps...

We will be posting the prices to the website soon, prior to the product is finished...

I apologize for the uninstall/re-install issue and that is my primary focus on this next release... The updater, which I did not personally right and will be taking over, did not have the support to edit config files or update itself, basically update the updater...

It also did not support the ability to delete files, just add and overwrite them...

Once I add these three features the uninstall/re-install issue will be fixed...

I spent a lot of time in this last release fixing XM related issues because we finally have our official support from XM and their legal department, which took forever...

Again I apologize for all the versions having to uninstall/re-install I know it was a pain and I will personally be getting this fixed...

david

Comment

Working...
                          X