Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Config Location for EWF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Config Location for EWF

    Is it possible to move the Centrafuse Configs? Reason being is im booting off Compact Flash. I have EWF to disable writes to the card but doing so obviously doesnt remember settings, last played song etc.

    So can i move the configs to my media drive?

    Cheers

  • #2
    Originally posted by SKiTLz View Post
    Is it possible to move the Centrafuse Configs? Reason being is im booting off Compact Flash. I have EWF to disable writes to the card but doing so obviously doesnt remember settings, last played song etc.

    So can i move the configs to my media drive?

    Cheers
    not currently, but not a bad idea for a featuere to add in the future....

    be able to specify the locaiton of the main.dat database file, the settings folder, and the playlist folder...

    You might also want to be able to specify secondary locations for plugins folders, and skin folders... this so you could add plugins that needed to write to config files, as well as add skins after you had your system setup...

    I will keep it mind once I get this first release out, should not be that hard to add, but would take some modifications to the base app and I'm focused on bugs now...

    let me know if you can think of any other sections that might need to be on a seperate location, I will bookmark this thread for the future...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SKiTLz View Post
      Is it possible to move the Centrafuse Configs? Reason being is im booting off Compact Flash. I have EWF to disable writes to the card but doing so obviously doesnt remember settings, last played song etc.

      So can i move the configs to my media drive?

      Cheers
      other quick solution is to install Centrafuse on your media drive and all problems are solved...

      it can be installed on any drive on the system...

      this would be the easiest solution and shouldn't case any extra writes except for all the ones that need to happen...

      david
      __________________
      CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
      01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
      M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by veetid View Post
        other quick solution is to install Centrafuse on your media drive and all problems are solved...

        it can be installed on any drive on the system...

        this would be the easiest solution and shouldn't case any extra writes except for all the ones that need to happen...

        david
        If drive C is not writable. And drive D is with Centrafuse stored on it.. Will it remember all settings, previous tracks etc? This info isnt stored in the registry or anything is it?

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SKiTLz View Post
          If drive C is not writable. And drive D is with Centrafuse stored on it.. Will it remember all settings, previous tracks etc? This info isnt stored in the registry or anything is it?

          Thanks
          nope, should work fine... I have installed it on secondary hard drives and have no issues...

          I write nothing to the registry, except when dealing with run as shell mode...

          david
          __________________
          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

          Comment


          • #6
            Great Good to know. I will run off my secondary drive. But as you said it would be a nice feature to be able to move the configs.

            Cheers David

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok, today I freshly installed my system and I successfully built my frist optimized system
              - TinyXP Rev06
              - Minlogon
              - EWF
              - HORM
              ... here I am (I also tried to copy to CompactFlash and it works, but I have to get some faster card... the one I have is slower then HDD)
              I am using Centrafuse from version 1.4... I tried every single version - the latest now is 1.1.

              I also made 2 partitions, 1st for SYSTEM (EWF protected), 2nd for Centrafuse (unprotected) and I have external USB HDD for media files.

              The problem I have now: it is imposible to save information of the latest played song. Everytime system resume, I get the same screen it was when I hibernated... and in that moment I had to unplug all removable storage... so everytime I resume I have to load music again. I was thinking Centrafuse remembers the last loaded playlist and song in file in Centrafuse folder?

              Does anyone has experiences with EWF, HORM and Centrafuse?

              Regards!

              Uros
              System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
              USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
              Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
              Honda delSol project
              CarDomain

              Comment


              • #8
                it saves all it's settings in the three ".dat" files in the Centrafuse folder and in the System\settings.xml file...

                Make sure all those files/locations can be written too...

                david
                __________________
                CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                Comment


                • #9
                  Strange, all of them are "writable", because whole Centrafuse folder is on d:\Centrafuse, d drive is unprotected.
                  Probably hibernate is a problem, because it saves every single thing in RAM... on resume system doesn't read the settings from files again, but only resumes from hibernation file back to ram... I don't see a solution here
                  System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                  USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                  Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                  Honda delSol project
                  CarDomain

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by urosbe View Post
                    Strange, all of them are "writable", because whole Centrafuse folder is on d:\Centrafuse, d drive is unprotected.
                    Probably hibernate is a problem, because it saves every single thing in RAM... on resume system doesn't read the settings from files again, but only resumes from hibernation file back to ram... I don't see a solution here
                    if you hibernate while Centrafuse is running, it should resume in the same state as it was when you hibernated I would think...

                    david
                    __________________
                    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In that case (if using EWF and HORM) there is no advantage to install Centrafuse to another unprotected partition.
                      If not using HORM, but usual hibernation, a problem is if you are using removable drive for media -> there is no advantage having removable one, because when resuming all new data on removable drive will be corrupted.

                      For now I installed Centrafuse on C: as usual, and everytime I resume, it resumes from the same state and I have to load media again (few clicks). When turning off the system, "shut down" is selected (it takes about 2 seconds).
                      System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                      USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                      Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                      Honda delSol project
                      CarDomain

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X