dvd problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd problem

i am having a problem with my dvd i have power dvd installed and the dvd's will play just fine on it but if i click on dvd in CF it wont start the dvd jstu sits on the dvd player screenn and thats it dosnt freeze CF or my computer. what coudl be wrong????

Originally posted by nadforever View Post
    i am having a problem with my dvd i have power dvd installed and the dvd's will play just fine on it but if i click on dvd in CF it wont start the dvd jstu sits on the dvd player screenn and thats it dosnt freeze CF or my computer. what coudl be wrong????
    will they play in WMP?

Are you using minlogin, tinyxp, or anything like that?

You need MSWEBDVD on the machine for it to work as well, which should be installed by default with a regular windows XP install...

david

Comment

I have a similar issue. When I start a DVD in CF, I can't play it. I can't because if I click on the screen, the controls come up. Then I click again, they go away, then I click again, they're there again. I can't click "Play Movie" on the DVD, because when I click the screen the controls get in the way. Is there a fix for this or am I just stupid? Hah

Edit: I mean that the DVD loads just fine, but I can't access the DVD's menu's because the controls get in the way of me clicking on the screen. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by BMac1203 View Post
        I have a similar issue. When I start a DVD in CF, I can't play it. I can't because if I click on the screen, the controls come up. Then I click again, they go away, then I click again, they're there again. I can't click "Play Movie" on the DVD, because when I click the screen the controls get in the way. Is there a fix for this or am I just stupid? Hah

Edit: I mean that the DVD loads just fine, but I can't access the DVD's menu's because the controls get in the way of me clicking on the screen. Thanks in advance.
        this has been fixed...

david

Comment

Oops, sorry for the reitteration then. Is it fixed only for the final release? Because my RC5 release is only a few days old. Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by BMac1203 View Post
            Oops, sorry for the reitteration then. Is it fixed only for the final release? Because my RC5 release is only a few days old. Just wondering.
            it will be fixed in the upcoming release I'm working on now...

david

Comment

PowerDVD 6 and 7 failed for me too (CF+WMP no pic) ... I installed a WMP plugin to fix this...

Comment

For those of you witch has problems with playing DVD in CF 5, I can tell you how I finally got min to work.

I have tried to installed different DVD players such DVD X player, Power DVD and many more, but with out any result.

With Power DVD installed you can watch DVD in windows, but when using CF its freezing ore crazing. That why I will conclude that CF and power DVD can not work together.

To get DVD player to work in CF I have don following
                If no WMP installed, install WMP 7.0 ore higher.
                Installed WINDVD (for installation of WINDVD WMP is required)

Now my DVD player works in CF... Only issue, is the known bug with the DVD menu

Comment

Originally posted by SUNAJ View Post
                  For those of you witch has problems with playing DVD in CF 5, I can tell you how I finally got min to work.

I have tried to installed different DVD players such DVD X player, Power DVD and many more, but with out any result.

With Power DVD installed you can watch DVD in windows, but when using CF its freezing ore crazing. That why I will conclude that CF and power DVD can not work together.

To get DVD player to work in CF I have don following
                  If no WMP installed, install WMP 7.0 ore higher.
                  Installed WINDVD (for installation of WINDVD WMP is required)

Now my DVD player works in CF... Only issue, is the known bug with the DVD menu
                  I use WinDVD 5 and the DVD Menu button works fine, what version are you using?

david

Comment

Power DVD

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                    I use WinDVD 5 and the DVD Menu button works fine, what version are you using?

david
                    Hey Dave

I use WINDVD 5

What I mean is the CF menu (play, next, past, volume control and menu exedra, exedra) is popping up if you click the screen, thereby you are not able to use the inserted DVD ROOT menu, if all the features is placed in the button of the screen. If Root menu is placed above the CF menu its ok
                    I think there have been reported a Bug about this issue, but havenít search the forum.

The important thing is, that I got it to work (havenít tested with USB DVD drive yet)

But what is you comment on Power DVD. I have tried to install Power DVD 6 and 7. but CF crash with this installation...

And as a conclusion for playing DVD in CF. WMP have to be installed together with a compatible plug-in player for WMP, but not being Power DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by SUNAJ View Post
                      Hey Dave

I use WINDVD 5

What I mean is the CF menu (play, next, past, volume control and menu exedra, exedra) is popping up if you click the screen, thereby you are not able to use the inserted DVD ROOT menu, if all the features is placed in the button of the screen. If Root menu is placed above the CF menu its ok
                      I think there have been reported a Bug about this issue, but havenít search the forum.

The important thing is, that I got it to work (havenít tested with USB DVD drive yet)

But what is you comment on Power DVD. I have tried to install Power DVD 6 and 7. but CF crash with this installation...

And as a conclusion for playing DVD in CF. WMP have to be installed together with a compatible plug-in player for WMP, but not being Power DVD?
                      that bug.... yeah, I have that fixed in the upcoming release...

david

Comment

I have the opposite problem. When i play a DVD or an avi from within centrafuse, i cannot click out of the video. For instance, i can put in a dvd and it will play fine, I can even use the menus. But when I am done watching the dvd and want to go back to the main centrafuse menu, i tap the screen, and centrafuse won't come back. I am stuck in the video playback. When i try to tap, i get the windows error beep. I'm not sure what could be going on. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by wittless View Post
                          I have the opposite problem. When i play a DVD or an avi from within centrafuse, i cannot click out of the video. For instance, i can put in a dvd and it will play fine, I can even use the menus. But when I am done watching the dvd and want to go back to the main centrafuse menu, i tap the screen, and centrafuse won't come back. I am stuck in the video playback. When i try to tap, i get the windows error beep. I'm not sure what could be going on. Any ideas?
                          very strange... try hitting ESC key and see if it goes back to the main menu...

you should be seeing the slider which will have an exit button...

david

Comment

I had that problem as well, with not being able to get out of the DVD to go back to the main menu.

Hitting ESC didn't work for me, had to CTRL+ALT+DEL it to go back to windows. Not that big of a deal, but I don't leave my keyboard in the car, so can be annoying.

Comment

When I play dvd video is just fine but there is no audio in CF(CPU 15-20%usage). Audio is just fine in Power DVD(cpu 20-50% Usage). Windows Media Player is jumpy and Audio is in surround with 80-90%cpu ussage. Were do I go to change settings or codec or what is wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X