Port splitting for navigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port splitting for navigation

I am using xport to split my incoming GPS (from port 2) into ports 11 and 12. I can use port 11 or 12 for iguidance, which works perfectly fine, but neither port seems to work with destinator (including the original port 2). Obviously, I select 12 in destinator if I choose 11 in iguidance, and vice versa. Destinator just shows zero satellites. Any ideas?

Seems like hte port number has to be <10. Problem solved. But this is still a strange issue. Is this a bug in CF or destinator? I'm guessing the latter.

Comment

It's come up here many times - it's a Windows issue. Windows has never been able to deal with COM ports numbered above 9.

fwiw, I think the problem is even still in Vista.
      :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
        It's come up here many times - it's a Windows issue. Windows has never been able to deal with COM ports numbered above 9.

fwiw, I think the problem is even still in Vista.
        this has been fixed in the upcoming release... The navigation will work with COM ports up to 64...

it's a matter of how you call CreateFile that most companies/software do not do, or forget...

it's something along the lines of most users put

CreateFile("\.\COM1", ...)

When to make it work for all COM ports you put

CreateFile("\\\\.\\COM1", ...)

I had Destinator make the update and I tested it, it appears to be working just fine...

Seems like companies would know these things by now...

david

Comment

Working...
        X